3 Ways To Increase Google AdSense Traffic
Google AdSense is a popular way for many websites and blogs to earn money. While it seems that everyone and their brother is using Google AdSense, not everyone is making the amount of revenue possible with this powerful tool. Here are three ways in which you can start increasing your Google AdSense revenue:
1. Content (focus) is still King. Google AdSense displays ads on your site that relate to the keywords it identifies and picks out from your Web pages and blog posts. This makes sense, since Google AdSense is assuming that people reading your content may be interested in buying the products discussed in your posts. Therefore, if you are going to start a website or blog about lawn furniture, keep all posted content focused on lawn furniture. Don't veer off into restaurant reviews or sky lights. By creating a primary focus for your content, you provide a useful service to those readers who are interested in the specific content of your website and/or blog.
If you have a significant amount of content to write about a particular subject, consider dividing that content into several web pages or blog posts. Going back to the subject of lawn furniture, you might draft the following five articles:
1. How to repair old lawn chairs
2. Protecting glass-containing lawn tables and chairs
3. 10 lawn furniture sets under $100
4. Five practical outdoor bar sets
5. Stain-proofing your lawn furniture
These five articles each illustrate one point of interest about lawn furniture. A potential reader can click on any one of these articles to easily access the information s/he is looking for. Links to the other four articles can also be provided so that the reader knows where to go for additional content. Finally, having five such articles instead of one certainly beats creating content around the following conglomerate article title:
Outdoor bar, table and chair sets: How to protect and repair your lawn furniture and find cheap and practical sets too.
2. Choose your keywords carefully. You may have several keywords in mind for your Web site or blog. How do you choose the best ones- meaning, of course, the ones that will make you the most money? A free keyword analysis tool can be located at the Google AdWords site, under the Tools tab. Click on the following link to go to Google AdWords. You may input a keyword or keyword phrase here, then let the Analytics program do the work of selecting the most lucrative (i.e., high cost-per-click, or CPC) keywords. If you already have a website or blog, you can also submit its URL and obtain keyword analysis information. Based on this information, you may wish to rewrite your Web content in order to utilize the highest-paying keywords. Google AdSense will then latch onto these higher-paying keywords and focus the ads around them. When people click on your ads, Google will pay you a higher revenue based on those higher paying keywords.
If you are just looking for ideas on what to write, the Google AdWords kkeyword analysis tool is a great place to start. For example, by searching on the keyword "insurance", you will quickly find out that keyword phrases such as "online car insurance", "car insurance quotes", and "car insurance companies" pay a whopping $40-$50 per click (listed as CPC)! Of course, the competition for such keyword phrases is also very high, meaning that there will be many sites out there that already contain these phrases. However, if you can create quality content around such lucrative keywords, anyone who clicks on the resulting AdSense ads will generate quite a nice chunk of change for you.
3. Marketing is queen. Most visitors to your website or blog are only coming to read your content rather than to make you money. Generally, you may estimate that only 2% of your total visitors will ever click on Google AdSense ads. Even fewer visitors will actually make a purchase through your website. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but it does tell you that you need a LOT of traffic in order to make a good amount of money from your content. How can you increase the number of visitors to your website? By keeping your content fresh and relevant. With a website, you will need to post new content at least once a week. For a blog, you should post new content at least once a day, if not more. Also, marketing your content is vital to gaining Google AdSense traffic. Consider submitting your site to RSS feeds and social bookmarking sites. Create an email marketing campaign (e.g., aWeber) and send out periodic newsletters and blog post updates to your subscribers. By employing these methods, you will have people continually coming to your site and even returning.
Bottom line: Google AdSense is a great way to make money. However, like any tool, you need to know how to properly use it in order to gain its maximum benefits.