5 Tips To Writing Effective Resumes - How to Write Job Winning Resumes
Chronological vs Functional Resume Formats
How To Write A Winning Resume Objective Statement
Your resume is the first contact that will get you that call back to be interviewed. Your Winning Resume should be written to represent you and get you into the door. However once in the door you will have to charm your way into the job of your dreams.
This is why your resume must truly represent you and all of your glory. You have a past and qualifications that you must structure and plan to introduce you the way an announcer will introduce the president. You don't want questions to come up to show you've embellished the truth.
Your first impression is the most important impact you will have with your resume. It is of course very important to structure and plan how you will write a winning resume to introduce your qualifications and make you a future assets to your future employee.
How to Write A Winning Resume Cover Letter
Your cover letter should be customized to each position you are applying for. A winning cover letter tells the headhunters who you are and what you will do for them and your resume shows them how and with what experience.
Professionals know boilerplate cover letters. Each job will assume they got the real cover letter if they see it customized. Customize to get noticed from hundreds of other applicants.
1st paragraph: Interest in your job at xyz as advertised on abc online.com 3/12/1x. I have wanted to work for xyz since I met your project management team at ayt. I was impress by your companies innovative marketing plans and look forward to sharing tactics to improve your bottom line.
2nd paragraph: My background fits your needs perfectly and I have a 100% track record delivering projects on time and below budget. I have been effective in retaining support for my proposals.
3rd paragraph: I look forward to hearing from you. I know how busy you and look forward to hearing from you after your interviewing process. Sincerely. John Doe
How To Write A Good Resume Objection Statement
Your objective statement states what you want to accomplish now. Use action words and convey your clear objective.
- Name center bold all caps 12 pt.
- Contact information
- Objective "Sales Manager"
Example - "Seeking a position in your retail department using my strong customer service and organisational skills."
Find The Best Resume Format For You
Below are description of different resume formats. You should pick one according to the job you are seeking that is perfect for your needs.
- Chronological resume formats (most popular) starts with the most resent job descriptions first. It's best not to mention too many careers.Listing 2 industries should be sufficient. Make sure they are relevant to the job you are seeking. Relevant work history.
- Funtional resume format focuses on skills more than experience. Great for more people that have gaps (understandable these days)more than 2 years. List more of your talent and relevant skills.
- Combination resume format is good for those that have very little or no experience.combination resume focuses on your skills.
Writing a resume today is something that must take lot's of care and planning. Writing a perfect looking resume is writing the best resume for your current skill and experience. Never be too proud to get help writing your resume. Having other eyes read it first can help you prevent being passed over.
Just like a website your resume can be scanned over and tossed within seconds if it is thrown together. Your resume must be specific to each job you apply for. You will have to make very sure to highlight your educational background and the position you are looking for.
Do not write anything long and drawn out. Your interviewer is not interested in your history or biography. They want to know what you can do for them or how you can save them money.
Use action verbs when writing your Resume Cover Letter
- was awarded
5 Tips To Writing a Good Resume
- Your cover letter should be customized for each job. To much information is a waste of time and is off target.
- Never turn in your resume without a Customized cover letter which sets up your resume.
- Use clear and concise objective to make your potential employee want to read more.
- Use the proper format for your unique situation to make you look good to your future employer.
- Send follow-up/thank you note after interview; it may be what gets you chosen!
What To Never Add When Writing Your Resume
- Age - Information with dates over 15 year old. Omit date in those cases
- Marital Status
- Personal Pictures- If you must use a picture, use a professional one.
When Writing A Winning Resume you must think of it as your key into your future home. The steps you take to get into your home must be completed before you get the key to enter.
Good intentions and sincerity will keep you in the door after you resume opens it. I truly hope these tips will help you think differently about Resume Writing. In today's job market writing a good resume in today's job market. Good Luck!