- Business and Employment»
- E-Commerce & How to Make Money Online
How to avoid Panda Sandbox for UK Websites
Have you been penalised by Google Panda updates?
If you have a UK related website and rely on traffic from Google and other search engines, you may have been affected by the recent Google Panda and Penguin updates. Some websites will see their traffic increase, others fluctuate and some unlucky websites have been sandboxed by Google, with no traffic from the big G.
If you are unlucky enough to have your traffic significantly reduced from Google, and see your search engine rankings slide, then you do not need to give up your website and start again, there are a few options you should explore before you throw in the towel.
It is possible to redesign your website and get out of the google sandbox, but it does take work and it can help to speak to UK SEO Consultants to weigh up your options and a strategy to get your website back out in view of potential customers.
Some tips to start with are:
1. Reduce the number of ads you show on each page, Panda is on alert when it sees that there are more ads than content on any web page. While many people rely on ad income to work online, it can also trigger the Google Panda alarm if you have too many ads. Try working on ad placement rather than quantity. Ads perform differently on each part of a web page. Optimise your pages so that you only keep high performing ad spaces and ditch the ones with little or no return.
2. Review your website content. Panda looks for readability. If you have badly written content, get rid of it and rewrite a good professional piece of work. This is one of the most important tasks you need to do. Bad content is being weeded out, and where a few years ago everything was about keywords, you also need to have quality articles.
3. Lower your bounce rate. Speak to a UK SEO Consultant on this, there are some techniques you can use to lower your website bounce rate that are simple to do just by changing your site design. A good way to start is to create pages that have relevance to the searcher, that solve their queries when they search for it.
4. Change your link building strategy, you need organic links not bulk link building. Also put links on your site to high quality high PR sites.