How to sign up to sell Avon
Want to sell Avon?
The Avon company, started in the United States and branching internationally, will be celebrating its 125th anniversary next year - 2011. The current CEO, Andrea Jung is busy advertising and preparing for a world tour that will take place to commemorate the company's achievement.
All those working for Avon are proud of its staying power for over a century when so many American companies have failed and folded. According to statistics provided by the Avon company, There are over 500,000 Avon Representatives in the United States alone and over 60,000 additional Avon Representatives in other countries.
Focusing on the United States alone, a country of over 300 million people, you might think that we hardly need yet another Avon Representative but that is not the case at all. You can get many of your own customers as a Representative.To this day, loyal Avon customers still enjoy the personalized service and product advice provided when shopping with a Representative.
If you are thinking about signing up to sell Avon, first take a look at the community you live in.
- Is the market saturated with Avon Representatives providing their services?
- Do there seem to be very many of them already in your community.
- If not, then you should really go for the opportunity and introduce your services to your neighbors.
- Even if there are already several Avon Representatives near you, you do not have to close your eye to the opportunity.
- You can sign up to work on a team and be mentored by other area Representatives or you can advertise and market yourself elsewhere- to the next town over or by phone to friends and family in another state altogether.
When you approach the Avon Company with your interest in selling Avon products, you must be prepared and keep in mind the following.:
1. While you will be working on commissions only, you will undergo an application process and be asked questions similar to when you apply for any other type of employment.
2. Many of these questions will be used for a criminal background check. Among the information you will need to provide are:
- Your full name
- social security number
- date of birth
- driver's license number and the state where it was issued
- the last 4 digits of a credit or debit card that you use
- your bank account information for direct deposit of your earnings.
3. In the United States market, you must be over 18 and legally authorized to work in the U.S. in order to become a Avon Representative. Otherwise, you must have parental permission and have your parent sign up for the selling account on your behalf.
4. You will need to have an established credit history if you are interested in buying inventory on credit. It is a flexible option that Avon offers if you have a lot of inventory to buy but you can actually become a Representative without keeping any inventory at all.
- You can order products only as they are requested from you by your customers or you can even ask your customers to shop from an on-line store that would be in your name.
5. To learn more about signing up to become a Avon Representative, call the Avon office in your district, go to www.avon.com or approach a Avon Leadership Representative that you already know to join their downline and be mentored on their team. I am a Rep myself and would be happy to assist you if you contact me.