- Business and Employment
Online Sales Cheat Sheet -- Steps to eCommerce Success
By Creative Endeavors ~ "handling all media content"
As more and more news stories surface on successful online businesses, more and more people want to get in on the action. However, most people initially fail at their first eCommerce business attempt. So what steps must one take to be a Rock Star at eCommerce? Here is a step-by-step guide to make your online store a SUCCESS!
First Steps to Making Money Selling Online
First Things to Do:
- Export your products to shopping comparison sites such as: Bizrate, Shopzilla, Beso, Nextag, PriceGrabber, Shopping.com, and MySimon.
- For SEO, make sure the following are throughout your store site: (1) Links to personal website; (2) Keywords; and (3) Description of store.
- Master SEO. Google provides FREE tips to master SEO at: http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35291
- Submit your products to the Google Merchant Center (also known as Google Base).
Google Base is a place where you can easily submit all types of online and offline content, which will be searchable on Google.
Making Money Off of Clearance Items | Resell on Amazon | Use Barcode Scanners
More Steps to Online Selling Success
- Create a Comprehensive “Shipping FAQ” and “Returns Policy” page.
- Create a Shipping FAQ to outline how you ship items. For example:
- Shipping is based on a combination of weight and destination.
- Orders will be processed and generally shipped in 1-2 business days, via Ground delivery, pending stock availability.
- Orders will generally arrive within 3-9 business days, based on ship address location.
- Make sure you have a well-defined return policy as well.
- Submit your store to all free online directories, including:
- DMOZ - www.dmoz.org
- List My Website - www.listmywebsite.net
- Right Biz - www.rightbiz.co.uk
- Directory Submits - www.directorysubmits.com
- AddMe - www.addme.com .
- Create an "About Us" page that is really interesting, well written, and tells your personal story. Don't forget to include photos!
- Add your telephone number or a 1-800 number. You could even get a free Google Voice number, which can be forwarded to another number or voicemail.
- Announce the launch of your store & its website URL in at least 10 forums related to what you sell.
- Do a Google search to locate any related forums to post within.
READ: How to Build a Profitable Online Store
How To Create A Website With Wordpress And Start A Profitable Online Business
Ming Jong Tey
How to Make Money Using Etsy: A Guide to the Online Marketplace for Crafts and Handmade Products
How to Start a Home-Based Jewelry Making Business: *Turn your passion into profit *Develop a smart business plan *Set market-appropriate prices ... on the Internet (Home-Based Business Series)
Links to Online platforms for eCommerce online stores:
- Ecommerce Software & Shopping Cart Solutions by Volusion
The web's leading ecommerce software, providing everything needed to sell online. Try Volusion today for free. Open an online store or update your existing platform.
- Ecommerce Software, Online Store Builder, Website Store Hosting Solution- Shopify Free 30 Day Trial
Shopify is a powerful ecommerce website solution that allows you to sell online by providing everything you need to create an online store. Try our free 30 day trial.
- Ecommerce Software & Shopping Cart Software Solutions by BigCommerce
Our award winning ecommerce software solution helps you setup a professional online store with shopping cart, product pages, secure checkout, order processing and more.
FREE eCommerce with "TinyPay.me" - http://TinyPay.me
Last Steps to Selling Success
- Create a Facebook fan page / community page.
- Link your Facebook fan page to your store.
- Share your Facebook fan page with friends, and then, ask each of them to share it with their friends, and so on, and so on, and so on... .
Although a little more complicated, it may be worth integrating a free Google Analytics account with your store. By doing this, you will be able to see where your visitors are coming from.