SEO For Dentists: 5 Reasons Your Website Isn’t Being Found
You’re Not Blogging
A blog is a crucial online marketing tool for any dental practice. Maintaining your own dental blog will help you establish authority, build influence, and improve your search engine rankings.
Blog can help your SEO efforts in the following ways:
- Earn more links to your website.
- Get search engines to crawl your site more frequently.
- Effective use of keywords can increase the chances that people will find your blog.
The more you blog, the better. Companies who blog more frequently can earn 126% more leads than companies that don’t.
Here’s some good tips for creating an effective blog:
- Write on dental topics that your prospects will be searching for. Using your city in your posts will make it easier for potential patients to find you.
- Write content that truly helps your prospects. Your posts should be designed to answer questions and solve problems that your prospects have.
- Make sure you’re posting consistently. The more postings you have, the easier it will be for people to find you.
An effective blog can make it easier for your dental practice to rank higher on search engines. Don’t ignore this marketing tool!
Lack of Effective Keyword Usage
While keywords aren’t the most important factor in getting your website to rank higher, they are still important. Understanding how to use keywords will greatly improve your SEO efforts.
Researching keywords will help you ensure that you’re using the most relevant and effective keywords for your practice. There are several tools that can help you do this. When you do your keyword research, there are a few things to consider:
- Long-tail keywords are best. Try to focus your content on the most specific keywords possible.
- Find out if the keywords you are considering are actually trending.
- Make sure the keywords you are using aren’t too difficult to rank for. A good rule of thumb is to try to rank for keywords that aren’t used as much as others. It’s easier to rank higher for keywords with less competition.
Take the time to focus on your keywords. When you have specific keywords that are targeted to the various types of prospects you are after, you can craft content designed to reach them.
No Visual Content
Yes, that’s right. Visual content is great for SEO. While it may seem like pictures, videos, infographics, and other forms of visual content would not make a difference when it comes to search engine rankings, they can actually make a huge difference.
Because visual content is far more likely to be shared than purely textual content. What this means for you is that your visual content, if done right, will create a lot of backlinks to your website.
If you provide relevant and helpful visual content, it will be shared on social media and in other forms of content. More links = better search engine rankings.
Here are some tips:
- Create informative videos on your website that explain a particular dental procedure.
- Use compelling photos in your blog posts.
- Create infographics! It’s one of the most shared types of content.
No Informative Articles
Don’t just have a list of services you provide. Write articles that provide an easy-to-understand explanation of each service that you provide.
Articles are different from blog posts. They are designed to provide more in-depth information and are typically longer than normal blog posts.
When you write an article, you will use a more formal tone than you would with a blog post. Also, you provide more sources for your claims in order to establish greater credibility.
You're Not Guest Blogging
Your SEO efforts shouldn’t only be focused on your own blog. While your blog should be your main tool for providing content, you should also find other areas where you can contribute helpful content.
One way to do this is to post on other blogs. This gives you more credibility and allows you to establish more authority and influence in your field. Also, it gives you the opportunity to create more links to your website by including them in your byline.
Here’s some tips on guest posting:
- Make sure you give the owner of the blog an effective pitch. Make sure you pitch a topic that hasn’t already been covered on their blog. They will be more likely to accept your idea.
- Don’t save your best stuff for your own blog. When you’re guest posting, you need to put your best foot forward. After all, you want to give your reader a reason to visit your website, right?
- Make sure you provide an effective bio. You want the reader to want to visit your site after reading your article.
Guest posting is one of the best ways to spread your influence, gain more exposure, and get found online.
SEO marketing for dentists doesn’t have to be difficult. It requires a lot of hard work, effort, and time, but if you do it correctly, you will see your search engine rankings climb. The key point to remember is that all of your SEO efforts should be centered on creating relevant and helpful content for your prospects and patients.
One of the main reasons you became a dentist is because you wanted to help people take better care of their oral health. Providing great content that helps them do this will enable you to help them even when they’re not in your office. If this is done correctly, it can help you generate more traffic and get more patients.
If this article helped you, please share it!