Skills You Need to Become a Digital Marketing Professional
Skills you need-
I have jotted down some important skills required to become a successful Digital Marketer and you must definitely read the article to see how much do you match up!
What Will You Learn:
- You can understand what skills you need to become a better digital marketer.
- You can benchmark these skills and evaluate yourself.
1. Content and creative excellence:
- Your English must be right because the well-written text is still a must-have.
- You can use a plugin Grammarly to rectify your grammatical mistakes.
- You can be a content writer or a blogger if you have this skill in you. Working with words is still one of the bread-and-butter tasks of most digital marketing specialists.
2. WordPress management:
- You don't need to become a full-stack web developer but yes you must have some knowledge to understand the analogy of WordPress. A certain degree of coding knowledge is helpful if not required.
- Basic knowledge of CSS and HTML are a must have for a digital marketing specialist.
- Millions of websites are powered by WordPress, Joomla or Drupal so some basic PHP knowledge can be helpful.
3. Photo editing skills:
- You don't need to be a graphic designer but you should understand and analyze how visual works.
- As a digital marketing specialist, you should be able to do a bit if basic image processing or to create a simple static call-to-action banner graphics.
- Plugins and tools I recommend you to design logos: Canva, Pixabay.
4. Data analysis:
- You should understand how A/B split testing works and how to track and measure the heck out of your activities.
- You must have the knowledge to read and analyze the data and which numbers and charts you want to present to your boss before you start collecting the data.
- It's is always a good idea to acquire a bit of statistical knowledge and data visualization.
5. Learn the basic psychological principles of decision-making:
- The actual learning happens when you put that technique into practice. Make people do certain things: like a Facebook post, share an article, fill the form, click the call button, open an email etc.
- Learn a little bit about the weird and winding paths in our brains.
- One thing you should always remember that you need the passion for something before you start learning about it. As digital marketing is a very competitive field and firstly you need to prove yourself in this field.
6. Learn how to manage projects:
- Project Management is a must have for every digital marketing specialist.
- Either you've to manage a bunch of agencies or you've to organize yourself in an efficient way to get things done.
- As I have mentioned above digital marketing is a highly competitive field and it is not a one-time learning thing. You have to be very passionate about it then only you can stand out.
- Skills are cheap, passion is priceless.
© 2017 Shivani Negi