- Business and Employment»
- Employment & Jobs»
- Interviewing for a Job
Successful Job Interview Tips
What is a Job Interview?
A job interview is a procedure which is followed by a company or an employer for evaluating a prospective employee for employing in their organization, firm or a company. The applicant’s suitability for the job is determined as expected by the employer during this procedure. The submitted resumes of aspiring candidates are firstly evaluated before selecting them for the interviews. This procedure of taking the job interview is regarded as one of the most effective tools for assessing the aspiring employees.
Tips for the Interviewee
- The candidate must be formally dressed and not wear casual clothes. He must also have a pleasant disposition as his personality is important for communication.
- Interviewee must ensure to carry an extra CV or a notepad for writing and also a pen as all these are essential for an interview.
- Interviewee must practice adequately beforehand and make preparations and practice for any unforeseen events.
- Interviewee must also research and collect information about the organization in which he is applying.
- Once the interview is over, he must note down the interviewer’s name, his strong points and flaws and all the answers to the candidate’s questions and also the feedback given by the interviewer.
- Interviewee must be very punctual and ensure to reach the venue of the interview before time.
- Interviewee must not pick up an argument with the interviewer.
- Interviewee must give specific answers to all the questions clearly and indisputably.
- Interviewee must also be very polite and sophisticated in the interview.
- Interviewee must try to show his true picture and not brag about himself as the interviewer can easily find out the aptness and intelligence of the candidate.
- Interviewee must not speak negatively or make some remarks during the interview session, i.e., he must be well-balanced and maintain eye contact with the interviewer and sit in a comfortable posture. He must never lean heavily on the table or try to yawn and pleasantly smile only if it is fitting, etc.
Tips for the Interviewer
- The interviewer must actively listen and not speak in between needlessly.
- Interviewer must be thoughtful even though his opinion differs from the interviewee and respect his feelings.
- Interviewer must also be amicable and supportive. He must start taking the interview in an amicable manner by asking something about his family, his hobbies etc. In this manner, the candidate will find it very relaxing to face the interview.
- The interviewer must confine to the allotted time and must not try to get involved in arguments.
- Interviewer must prepare the questions systematically and learn to be an excellent planner.
- Interviewer must concentrate on the interviewee and must try to show positive actions while taking the interview.
- Interviewer must try and encourage the interviewee to ask questions and thus clarify all his doubts and uncertainties about the job.
- Interviewer must not cause a distraction either in the venue of the interview or in the room the interview is taking place. It is best that the candidates are told beforehand to switch off all their mobiles or keep them in silent mode.