Ten Skills to be successful in life
Ten Skills needed to be successful in life
1. Good communication skills. The art of communication is the language of leadership. Communication is the key to career and business success. Read books about communication, learn to listen and ask questions and convince others of your opinion. If you can't communicate you can't achieve significant success in life.
2. Good social and interpersonal skills. Social interaction forms part of any human experience and existence. Our social interactions affect our physical and mental health. Know how to create relationship with the right people if you want to go far in life.
3. Time management skill. Time is a precious commodity. Realise that early in life and start using it wisely. Learn to choose activities and the people you spend time on carefully. Focus your time and energy to things that will make you grow and give. Time is s resource just like money finite and exhaustible. The in ability to manage time is a critical disability that leads to lose. The clock keeps ticking regardless of how we lead our lives. Priority management is the answer to maximising the time that we have. Acquiring time management skills increase your capacity for versatility as well as ability to work under pressure are the skills you need to be successful in life so take it seriously.
4. Learning skills. Develop a passion for learning, if you do you will never cease to grow. Effective learning skills help us to grow and achieve our purpose in life. Like sharpening the axe learning is a form of preparation for life and success.
5. Analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to evaluate and sort out the information you are exposed to is very crucial . Exceptional analytical skills will distinguish you from the masses.
6. Team work skill. Team work builds character teaches people about leadership and cooperation. We are more powerful together. Successful people are known to work very well in a team as they understand very well that team work helps you achieve things that bare otherwise impossible.
7. Leadership skills. This is part of teamwork and is the ability to wilt the might effectively. Ability to channel the potential to meaningful success. Martin Luther king once said a true leader is not a searcher for consensus but a moulder for consensus. Effective leadership skills unite people on their common goals by combining exceptional communication skills to establish a steady flow of information. How to become a good leader. Take responsibility stand up and lead. Like anything you only become a good leader by leading.
8. Strong work values. Ability to have and project a positive attitude. Adaptability, loyalty and self confidence are the most valuable skills in any organisation
9. Academic competency in reading and mathematics. You need to be able to read fast and assimilate. You also need to be able to do simple maths.
10. Ability to be happy alone. Marcus Garvey said if you don't have confidence in self you are twice defeated in the race if life. Train yourself to unlink your happiness to other people's opinions will give you enduring value. Life is complex it's not every time you get people to like you neither will you always get people around you. Solitude is the richness of self