Top 10 High Demand Jobs in Atascocita Texas
Harris County, Texas
Villages and Crossroads
Many of the fastest growing places in America are not incorporated. They are neither cities nor towns. In the fastest. Early 2010 lineup of fast-growing places released by BusinessWeek, Atascocita is a community that is growing at a rate faster than any other in Texas.
Part of the Houston metroplex, Atascocita is about 5 miles east of Humble, Texas and 10 miles south of Kingwood. The northeast corner of Houston is about 20 miles to the southwest. It is built along the old the Texas state highway called Farm to Market Road 1960, renamed Atascocita Road near and in the village. Farm to Market is associated with transporting cattle and foodstuffs to market for sale and a local Internet Provider has adopted it as a name for their business.
Spanish settlers moved into the Atascocita areas in the 1750s before the Revolutionary War, building a fort with which to stop the incoming French from trading with local Native Americans. When Spaniards failed to spread Christianity to their satisfaction across Texas the Atascocita Trail (later Farm to Market 1960) had continued to serve as a popular route to Louisiana. After the early 1800s, it was the most well-used trail in the state and was likely the highway for cattle drives.
Located just west of the man-made Lake Houston covering 12,00 acres, Atascocita supports 15 neighborhoods, while expanding and builidng additional residential spaces. These are houses for purchase and rental, although apartments are available in Humble and Kingwood. Atascocita neighborhoods, such as Atascocita South, publish their own newsletters and webpages. Real estate in Atascocita includes single-family homes, condominiums, and vacant lots for purchase.
Atascocita is truly a residential community of over 56,000 residents in 2009, according to Sperling's Best Places. Atascocita's cost of living is 19.44% lower than the average of the entire nation and Texas has no state income tax, so lower cost of living and lower taxes draw additional residents. In fact, the population has grown over 40% from 2000 to 2010. The village may consider the choice in the near future to incorporate as a town or city.
Attractions and Events
- Atascocita Country Club
Full course details for Atascocita Country Club, including scores leaderboard, map, printable scorecard, weather, reviews, and ratings.
- Atascocita.com - Atascocita, Texas
- Humble Rodeo presented by Insperity
- Lone Star College System Women's Conference
Lone Star College System consists of five colleges, including CyFair, Kingwood, Montgomery, North Harris, and Tomball, and Lone Star College-University Center.
Closing Digital Divides
Atascocita is digitally advanced over other "census-designated places" in that it enjoys its own Internet presence. Among other useful information, the webpage offers a free apartment rental locator service.
Interestingly, the village has begun a clutter Support Group in an attempt to help residents and business owners to end clutter, gain control of their lives, and support sustainability and recycling.
Among other attactions, the village is near active fishing, boating, and outdoor sports sites, with many parks and green spaces, as well as ear to well appointed country clubs and golf courses.
WI-FI Hotspots (FREE)
- Panera Bread. 7041 FM 1960 East, Atascocita TX
- McDonald's. 6904 FM 1960 East, Atascocita TX
- Hero's Mexican Grill. 8502 FM 1960 East, Humble TX
- Harris County Public Libraries for Atascocita. 19520 Pinehurst Trails Drive, Humble TX
- Stephen F Austin State University - Humble
- Lonestar College- Kingwood
- Prairie View, Texas A & M NW Campus - North of Houston
- ITT Technical Institute - North of Houston
- San Jacinto College: North Campus (NE edge of Houston)
- Everest Institute - North Houston
- Remington College - North Houston
Considering additional institutions in Houston, over 25 schools are available to college-level students in Atascocita.
Atascocita and Kingwood Combined HS Band - Awesome Drill
Atascocita HS Chamber Orchestra 2009
- Walden on Lake Houston - Golf Course
- Lake Houston Fishing - Home
Welcome to LakeHoustonFishing.com; The only website on the net dedicated to fishing Lake Houston! We offer Tips, Classifieds, Forums, and Live Chat! We hope you enjoy your Lake Houston Fishing and tell us about it!
- Fishing Lake Houston
Fishing tips for Lake Houston.
Lake Houston Wilderness Park
Ample opportunities for wilderness hiking and camping are nearby Atascocita. For example, the large Lake Houston is just to the east of the village.
Lake Houston Wilderness Park allows overnight camping in nearly 5,000 acres of wilderness parkland 18 miles north of Atascocita at Lake Houston State Park, about two miles east of New Caney. Ongoing infrastructure improvements make this park more accessible and enjoyable every year.
The camping accomodations provide cabins, lodges, and tent campsites for rent; hiking, biking, canoeing, kayaking, and horseback riding trails if you have a horse. The Nature Center is new since 2007 and provides a lot of entertaining and educational exhibits. Birdwatching in the park and several other programs fill up the year with activities.
Wildlife of many sorts is everywhere, because the park is a thickly forested. Visitors need to take care to learn about the animals before visiting, and should be careful not to become lost in the woods. Fishing at the lake is good for blue gill, catfish, largemouth bass, and white crappie.
Atascocita Jobs Experience a 62% Increase to December 2009
Top Job Listers
- JPMorgan Chase
- Saudi Aramco - Ranked Number One among oil companies worldwide in terms of crude oil production and exports. A leading producer of natural gas. Over of 54,000 employees of over 50 different nationalities (from the website at: Jobs at Aramco).
- Tenet Healthcare
- HCA Healthcare
- Robert Half Finance & Accounting
- Hewlitt Packard
- Soliant Health
- St. Luke's Episcopal Healthcare
- Houston Northwest Medical Center
- Kingwood medical Center
Top 10 Hot Jobs in Atascocita
Because Atascocita is about a half-hour drive from Houston, nearly 40,000 job openings are aviable to workers between Houston and Kingwood. Within a 15-mile radius of the vilalge, we find about 4,000 job postings in February 2010. The most-listed are:
- Physical and Occupational Therapists
- Customer Service Representatives
- Sales Representatives
- Project Managers
- Account Executives and Managers
- Administrative Assistants
- Personal Trainers and Ffitness Instructors
- Dental Assistants
- General Managers and Store Managers
Additional high demand jobs include:
- Mechanical Engineers
- Business Development Managers
- Physical Therapy Assistants
- Assistant Store Managers
- Restaurant and Food Service Positions