- Business and Employment»
- Business Management & Leadership
Top 10 Career Coaches and Job Analysts to Watch
Career Coaching Online and In Person
The Career Coaches and Job Coaches that were successful in the field of Workforce Development under the Education and Training program in America during the Clinton and Bush 43 Administrations were well trained. They also possessed high energy, a drive to hep others find gainful employment, and a passion for helping employers to create jobs and training opportunities for job candidates seeking meaningful work.
With the advent of social networking, some elements of career coaching are available free online through Facebook and Twitter. Later in this Hub, you will find a listing of people and organizations to access and follow on social networking sites, blogs, and websites in order to advance your career or to find a new job.
Drowning In Information
Who Can You Trust for Employment Updates?
Just as I look to the Mayo Clinic online for medical information I can trust, I look to a number of the best career sites for current workforce development information and updates. Over a period of years, I have found the follow resources to be the best, but Forbes.com and The Vault are my two favorites.
The listings below are ten sites or blogs that I continually read in order to supplement my workforce research.
Top 10 Career Coaches and Websites
- Jacquelyn V. Smith, @JacquelynVSmith on Twitter
Forbes Magazine and Forbes.com online offer the best in business, economy, and job related information and news. Dozens of Top 10 lists emanate from the website every months.
2) The Vault
- Rachel Marx, @VaultCareers
Sign up for a Free Membership with The Vault or sign up for a free eNewsletter on the website. The Vault is a long standing respected employment and business website, not to be confused with the equally famous online presence of OSU/Conspiracy Theorists' site The Back Vault (@blackvaultcom on Twitter). You might enjoy both of these websites equally.
@Glassdoor on Twitter or GlassDoor.com
This is the company that gathered statements from current and former employees of the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) about maltreatment of employees from the Director on down the line, to massive waste in funds.
On the other hand, Glassdoor has accumulated a number of positive comments about working for several aerospace companies that operate in the private sector. This adds to the national confidence in the growth of related manufacturing programs and the expansion of programs and coalitions like NASA's Commercial Crew.
A recent useful Tweet: 3 Personal Branding Lessons From Sunday Night Football (from @GlassDoor).
- Anota Bruzzese - Adds new job related information to USA Today online every Sunday.
5) Fortune 500/CNNMoney
- Anne Fisher: ASK ANNIE
- Careers -- CNN, Money, and Fortune 500 have formed quite the conglomerate of their own, offering useful and up-to-date information to jobs seekers, business people, and workforce experts.
6) US News & World Report
- Money and Careers -- I've been reading US News & World Report since I first saw the magazine in high school POD class. Back then, POD meant "Problems of Democracy"; however, the Board of Education decided that democracy has no problems and changed the name to Principals of Democracy. How quaint. Our teacher just laughed... The magazine is even more useful now that it is available online at its own website. It is another of the publications that produces Top 10 listings that I use constantly. My teacher would be happy with that.
- Lindsey Pollak, @lindseypollak -- Ms. Pollack is the Spokesperson for LinkedIn.com as well a blogger in her own right. Her target audience in GENERATION Y, but Boomers and GEN X can benefit from her work as well. Good advice thrives through the generations as they roll up to working age and need the information. Her website is a Blog, VBlog and resource listing is very useful to both men and women.
This job search engine, along with
offer the accumulation of all jobs posted anywhere on the Internet, including America, Canada, Australia, and linked search engines on all continent. These are listed on the home page of each of these comprehensive sites. They are in 50 countries in dozens of languages. Discussion boards and workforce information are available on both sites in America. I use these sites every day.
9) Dan Schwabel
- Personal Branding Blog -- Begun in 2007 by an official art Millennial Branding, a Boston MA firm does research and consulting for Generation Y. Offers multimedia information about how to create your personal brand.
10) How'd You Get That Gig? - This Book has raised a number of programs by the author that train job candidates to think in the direction of exciting, interesting, and well paying jobs in fields that may never have considered before. Online material continues to update regularly to include new job titles to consider for a rewarding career.
Related Search Links
- Five Good Job Search Tips and Avoiding Outdated Advice
As the Internet accumulates data, not all of the business content is the best in terms of offering advice for obtaining employment. This article points out some time wasting pitfalls to avoid.
- Job Search Engines - Full Listings and Reviews
Job Search Engines on the Internet can greatly reduce the amount of work required to secure a new job. They can allow a job seeker to maximize his or her time by applying to more jobs and companies per day and gaining access to a higher number of tot
© 2012 Patty Inglish