- Business and Employment»
- Small Businesses & Entrepreneurs
Top Software Programs Every Small Business Should Use
The Road To Small Business Success
Just A Question...
Do you want to operate the most cost-effective, smoothly-running small business possible? Here are four software programs that can help:
Top 4 Programs To Consider...
1. OpenOffice (Apache) - Running a small business can prove expensive enough without having to shell out a big chunk of money for multiple copies of Microsoft Office Suite. Fortunately, you can obtain a full-featured productivity suite absolutely free of charge. Apache OpenOffice provides word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, graphics and other programs, all open-source and compatible with just about every language used in today's global environment. Install as many copies as you need, convert documents into Microsoft-friendly formats, and enjoy saving all that money.
2. QuickBooks (Intuit) - Speaking of money, any small business that earns, banks or spends needs a reliable way to record, track and categorize those transactions. Quickbooks offers comprehensive accounting software tools that help you follow your cash flow, figure your taxes, generate all kinds of reports, manage payroll functions -- it even makes it possible for you to process credit card payments instantly. The current version of Quickbooks also syncs with a variety of Apple and Android mobile devices so you can do your accounting on the run. (But don't worry, the software also includes measures to protect your sensitive information.)
More About Accounting Software
Keep Things Fast & Orderly
3. PDF Converter Pro (Nuance) - With all the tasks that require your attention every day in your small business, few bottlenecks grind your work to a halt quite like dealing with a PDF file that refuses to be dealt with. If you need to manipulate that document instead of just looking at it, then you need PDF Converter Pro. This program not only allows you to create your own PDF files quickly and easily from almost any other file format, but it also converts PDF files into such common formats as Excel, Word, WordPerfect, PowerPoint and XPS. Even better, it allows you to type and make changes directly within the PDF document format. PDF Converter Pro requires Windows, but Nuance also offers a version for Mac OS.
4. Backup Exec.cloud (Symantec)- Many a small business has had to close for good following a disastrous loss of critical data. Don't let it happen to you! Symantec Backup Exec.cloud provides both local and cloud-based data backups and disaster recovery, 24 hours a day, with versions available for desktops and servers alike. Customize the degree and scope of the program's backups to suit individual users or departments, and/or perform global backups of everything the company holds dear.
Your Opinion Please!
Which is more important in ensuring the success of a business....
Symantec Backup Exec.cloud
Software programs may not guarantee the success of your business - we all know that your ultimate success hinges on many things. And of course, when it comes to software programs available we've just scratched the surface, but these suggestions should take you a long way toward a safer and more productive small business. Why not give them a try and see for yourself?