Top Criteria for Hiring New Employees
When you’re looking to hire a new employee, it is necessary to find someone who fits of your business vision. You want someone who will add value to your business, make it better and give it a boost forward.
Even if you only have two people in your company, you want to hire someone that can make decisions on their own. You need to be able to trust that they can function without calling on you for every decision.
The most effective interview is geared to assess three criteria:
1) The candidate has the skills or experience to do the job.
- What are your top 3 duties in the job you have now?
- What special skills or knowledge do you need for those duties?
- What kind of decisions do you make in your job and how to make them?
2) The candidate will fit in.
- Do you like to work with people?
- Have you worked with a group like the one you would work with here?
- What can you tell me about accomplishments as a team member?
3) The candidate wants this job.
- What do you think you can bring to this company that someone else can’t?
- What are you hoping to get out of this job?
© 2011 Rosa Marchisella