Why Do Candidates Fail In An Interview and How to Prevent it?
1. Poor grooming habits.
2. Ungraceful and discourteous body language.
3. Poor manners.
4. Poor diction.
5. Un-appealing resume.
6. Vague responses.
7. Lack of punctuality.
8. Poor waiting hall behavior. Very important as mostly all employers use CCTVs in the waiting halls to check a
candidate's behavior before taking an interview and prepare in the interview according to the behavior of the candidate and sometimes reject also on basis of that behavior.
9. Monetary benefits centric approach.
10. Unfavorable Behavioral Aspects.
11. Lack of confidence.
12. Lack of enthusiasm.
13. Lack of career goals.
14. Lack of personal goals.
15. Irresponsible behavior.
16. Showing aggressiveness in self justification.
17. Lack of maturity, emotional.
18. Overreacting to queries.
19. Negative attitude.
20. Not taking job seriously.
21. Lacking sense of humor.
22. Complaining about previous employers and about their management.
How to prevent failure in an interview?
1. Prepare yourself a day before interview.
2. Confirm venue of interview, distance of interview location from your house,
and mode of transport available, confirm exact route.
3. A night before interview, relax, have a good sleep, visualize yourself succeeding it, and pray to God.
What do to on the day of interview?
1. Reach your interview location at least 45 minutes before interview time.
2. Get yourself familiar with ambiance.
3. Don't carry too much baggage.
4. Upon reaching the interview location, report to the concerned authority immediately.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2008 Rajinder Soni