- Business and Employment
48 Things to Sell on CafePress
Let your Creativity Fly by Designing on CafePress!
Think you can't make money on CafePress because you can't think of anything to sell?
People can and do sell anything and everything on CafePress from the simple to the elaborate. Here are some great ideas for what to sell next in your shop!
Ten Things you Can Try Selling Right Now on CafePress...
Ideas 1-10 to sell on CP!
1. Put your business logo up on CafePress.com, buy your own products, and family, friends and enthusiasts might purchase it!
2. Put your photography collection up on CafePress...it's doing nothing sitting on your computer!
3. Put your artwork on CafePress. There's a number of different products that would look great with any image on them, like the framed print.
4. Make a CafePress store that will benefit your choice of charity, then make another. Basic stores are free!
5. Put your kids artwork up on CafePress! They'd be thrilled to make a sale or two, plus have a store to call their own.
6. Upload photos from your recent wedding and use the proceeds from sales to pay for some of your honeymoon!
7. Speaking of honeymoon, be sure to take pictures of that, too, and put those up for sale.
8. Share your sense of humor. Put any funny slogan, phrase, or thought you've made onto a shirt.
9. Air out your political dirty laundry...no matter what your opinion is, someone probably agrees with you. Put it on a shirt!
10. Vent about the gas prices, make a design, and put it up! It's one of the most promoted and popular themes on CafePress right now.
Not selling on CafePress yet?
Click here to get started!
Do you currently sell on CafePress?
Ten More Things to Sell on CafePress...
Try selling these ideas out for your CafePress shop!
11. Show some love for Earth day and make some earth-related designs. Make them way in advance, because they sell year-round!
12. Make shirts for fictional baseball, football or basketball teams--make them geeky, funny, odd, you name it.
13. Put up your vacation photos of cool landscapes, animals, close-ups, florals, and panoramas and start seeing some money come back from your vacation.
14. Start a one product store with just one type of item, and lots of them! Try BBQ aprons, hats, or mousepads. Find your niche!
15. Tell your favorite jokes, tell the joke on the front of the shirt, then the punchline on the back.
16. Raise money for a charity auction by creating a shirt to auction off. Keep the store up all year, it's free!
17. Get inspiration from places you've visited and make some travel shirts. Make one from that tiny town you visited in the midwest, or that famous street in that big city.
18. Make a shirt that shows off someone in real life that's interesting, funny, controversial, or cool.
19. Put famous quotes onto shirts. Start a store with that entire theme!
20. Take lots of pictures of your pets and put them up on CafePress. Be sure to use the doggy shirt!
21. Take it one step further and edit that photo in photoshop or a photo editing program, make it look different and fun--now you have 2 designs!
Customize your Images!
Don't fall into the trap that too many new shop owners fall into. Make your designs look their best by only putting them onto products that they actually look good on. If they don't look good, resize them to the correct size. Use our guide!
Ten MORE Things you Should Start Selling Right Now!
If you have a computer and photo editing program, you can sell on CafePress!
22. Start an "I Love..." store. You've seen them everywhere, with everything. The possibilites are endless.
23. Where there's a yin, there's a yang...start an "I hate..." store!
24. Set up a store with nothing but birthday themed apparel and gifts.
25. Make designs for each season or holiday, and make them good! Can you make better designs than what's currently on CafePress?
26. Heard a funny or memorable line from a movie? Put it on a shirt! It's okay, just as long as you don't include any trademarked slogan or name.
27. Make shirts for every single profession that's out there. Try garbage man, teacher, cellphone salesman, TV repairman, mail clerk, doctor...there's an endless amount of possibilites.
28. Take whatever is hot in current culture and make a funny shirt out of it. Who or what is hot now?
29. Make a recreation-related design of store. Make some text, feature it over an image of someone doing that recreation. Example: the word "mountain biker" over a picture of a dirty mountain bike.
30. Find obscure holidays or observances and make shirts out of them. Don't limit yourself to just the country you live in!
Another CafePress Poll
What are you waiting for? When are you going to start selling on CafePress?
Basic or premium?
You can open as many basic stores as you'd like, but you won't have the benefit of having them all link together, or getting to use more than one of each product. It's only $6.95 per month for a premium shop, so if you make a single sale, it will most likely cover you for the month.
Our Final Ideas of What you Can Sell on CafePress!
It's free to sign up for a basic store, try it out!
31. Take the latest non-trademarked catch phrase and make a shirt. Easy.
32. Make shirts celebrating nationalities and heritage.
33. Make designs about something you are passionate about, then make one against it too (remember that yin-yang thing?)
34. Watch the news and get inspiration from current events.
35. Make designs for women only. Make a store dedicated to just women and make some pro-women designs!
36. You knew this was coming. An all-mens store. Mancaves and all.
37. Think of the weirdest thing you can think of, or the weirdest thing you've ever done. Put it on a shirt!
38. Make a nerd, geek or tech related store. They're hot right now!
39. Play around on Photoshop and make some abstract designs. Make them look good like something you'd hand on your wall, then put it up for sale on CafePress!
40. Make shirts just for jocks. Love 'em or hate 'em, there's a market for it!
41. Make designs that cater to little niches. Bug lovers. Curtain haters. Camera collectors. You get the point.
42. Make "Mom" and "Dad" themed apparel. Incorporate slogans, funny stuff, stuff to show your appreciation, what they go through...and don't forget Mother's Day and Father's Day!
43. Check Google Trends to see what's hot right now.
44. Check CafePress to see what they're promoting right now on the home page and email newsletters.
See what's new on the CafePress Blog and get some inspiration from what they chose to feature.
Make your own line of SIGG bottles or water bottles featuring the vertical design
Don't want to pay for more than one premium shop?
If you have several niches you'd like to sell in, you can create categories in your store featuring the different niches. From there, you can create as many subcategories as you'd like! Each category can sort of be its own store.
...it's free to start a basic store. If you do well with that you can move onto the premium shop!
It's passive income!
CafePress is a great way to do some work, then sit back and collect money. Once you make a design, you can collect on it forever. The trick is making something everybody will love!