Expertscolumn review 2013 - Is expertscolumn a legit site for writers?
Expertscolumn is a revenue sharing site where people can join the site as an author and share revenue based on their contribution. Expertscolumn is not the site for professional writers but it is a good platform for the people who are just planning to try their luck as an online writer. I have been writing in expertscolumn for 2 years. In this hub I will give you an honest review of expertscolumn based on my experience and analysis.
Expertscolumn is a relatively new revenue sharing site where anyone can join the site for free and start writing original articles to share percentage of revenue based on the number of page impressions generated from their articles. The CPM rate varies from one author to another. Author who has good writing skills and generates most of their traffic from countries like USA, Canada and UK, usually earns money with a higher CPM rate. On the other hand author with poor quality earns less with a low CPM rate. This means if you can provide quality in your content, you will be paid higher for every page impressions you generate.
The advantage of Expertscolumn is that you don't require to have any kind of affiliate account. You just need to sign up and start writing to make money. Currently the site is paying through either Paypal or Moneybookers (Skrill). A user can request for a payment after earning 5 dollars at least.
Is expertscolumn Legit or Scam?
Expertscolumn is a legit site. I have been paid many times without any trouble. Therefore it is not a Scam site. Although you can not expect a very high payout from the site.
The advantages and disadvantages of Expertscolumn
- You don't need Google Adsense account.
- It is very easy to join and start writing.
- The community of the site is good.
- Generally the CPM rate is around 1 dollar which is good.
- Since expertscolumn accept previously published (originally written by you in some other site), you can use the site to generate Back links.
- It is a very good site for beginners as they accept all kind of articles.
- It has chat room where users can discuss with each other.
- The site has good SEO.
1. The site owner is confused with the Ad layout of the site. Keeps changing ad block placement every now and then.
2. Often the site goes offline because of server issues.
3. The site does not have any forum for the community.
4. The "draft" function does not work properly.
5. There are plenty of sub-par writers available in the site. So the site is at risk of Google Panda update.
My earnings are not impressive because I have not worked hard in Expertscolumn. Generally I am writing short articles in the site. I was not active in the first year but I have published around 50 short articles in the 2nd year. So far I have earned around 100 dollars which is not great but not bad either.
If you are an experienced writer and you have active Google adsense account, then I recommend you to join sites like Hubapges.com instead of Expertscolumn. But if you are a new writer and you do not have an adsense account, then Expertscolumn will be a good platform for making money. If you work really hard you can earn 20 to 50 dollars per month. Click here to Join Expertscolumn