What help do you need as a woman starting in business?

1. Rebecca_Jones profile image53
    Rebecca_Jonesposted 8 years ago

What help do you need as a woman starting in business?

2. ForeclosureClean profile image60
    ForeclosureCleanposted 8 years ago

Women are perfectly suited to start successful businesses without much help beyond the normal assistance available to new entrepreneurs across the board -- EXCEPT for childcare.

I remember when my son was 2 years old and I owned an editorial staffing agency in Manhattan on Seventh Ave. down from the Garden. I was a single mother in one of the toughest cities in the world and I left my full-time job to grow my business full-time. My son was with me every day. He had a play area in my tiny office and we had a routine. The phone would ring and I'd peek over and say, "Business call." He'd mouth "biz call" and sit quietly.

Childcare is an issue that keeps many women from taking the entrepreneurial plunge, but it should NOT, NOT, NOT. If you need childcare to go to a 9-5 job, you will need that same childcare to start a business. Don't let childcare issues stop you. Get creative, and open your doors. A hurdle can either be an obstruction, or simply something to step on to propel you to new heights. Go for it and don't look back.

Cassandra, Foreclosure Cleanup, LLC, Atlanta
    Author: How to Start a Foreclosure Cleanup Business

3. profile image0
    KellyEngaldoposted 8 years ago

1. Conenctions to the enterprise
    2. A passion for the enterprise
    3. Knowledge enterprise

Women are naturally workaholics and having their own business works well for someone who is self-motivated.  If you need a boss - don't go in business for yourself.

You must use your connections.  Business is building relationships.  Sometimes this is hard for a female to do - we want to give - we must learn to ask for the business.

working