27 yr old Navy Veteran, I live in Baton Rouge, in desperate need of a CAREER! I'

1. profile image46
    xicemanx2008posted 8 years ago

27 yr old Navy Veteran, I live in Baton Rouge, in desperate need of a CAREER! I'm a very ambitious h

2. profile image0
    collegecareerlifeposted 8 years ago

First, you need to assess your interests, values, and personality to get an idea of what careers would be best for you. MyPlan.com is a great website where you can take four different assessments and sort results by education level. Livecareer.com also has a good career test.  You may also want to see a career counselor to explain your specific situation. 

Sales, marketing, and customer service are fields you can get into with little or no experience.  Real estate is another field you may want to consider.  You'll need to become licensed, but it doesn't require a college degree or a lot of experience.

3. Louisiana Jobs profile image60
    Louisiana Jobsposted 8 years ago

Hey Xicemanx2008,

The first thing you need to do is write down your qualifications and compose a resume. Your qualifications should tell you what kind of job you should market yourself for. If you are looking to start from scratch, then I would suggest using the G.I. Bill to get a college education if you don't already have one.

Living in Louisiana also one area that seems to always be hiring is local or state law enforcement. They are always in need of good men or women and your military experience gives you a head start on gaining a career there. Money is OK, but you would qualify for a pension and the job usually comes with other great fringe benefits, such as health insurance. Then there is always the Oilfield, there are tons of jobs there if you know where to look. One tip, when applying for a job always try to speak to the person who is doing the hiring. Look nice and neat and make a good first impression.

working