How can i connect one router to another?

1. profile image45
    milewilliamposted 8 years ago

How can i connect one router to another?

There is a complete network setup in my office with high internet services. I just bought a new machine that i want to add to the network but don't have any ports on a current router. How should i connect a new router to the existing one to create more ports? My colleague has suggested me … -a-Network

I read out all the points given there but didn't understand the points much. Could you help me to get that  points?

2. profile image55
    tina1234posted 7 years ago

Well,  this is a article that step by step to teach you how to connect one router to another. You can check here: … -a-Network

Connecting networks can be very complicated, the smallest setting can determine whether you can connect or not. Hiring a professional might be more effective in some cases. The easiest way to add more computers to the network is to go out and buy a router with enough ports to fill your needs.  B970b is a good router for office using, it supports equipment without limit. You can find this B970b router from this site:

Hope this helps!

3. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 7 years ago

No, no, no.

You do NOT need another router unless you are talking about hundreds of users or deliberately want to separate one group from another.

You need a switch.  Run one wire from the router to the switch and then plug in all your new users.