For a business developing branding - is reusing an old business name and website

1. Wordizm profile image51
    Wordizmposted 8 years ago

For a business developing branding - is reusing an old business name and website always a bad idea?

The business is a booking agency for spirit led musicians. The original website and business focused on dating.

2. Doris Hullett profile image60
    Doris Hullettposted 8 years ago

Hi Wordizm,
    I don't know the entire picture of what you had before, but I would suggest that you start fresh & new. Your website is your authority site on a particular topic, and the name represents that authority.  If you want to be powerhouse agency for musicians, and have people coming to your business, a blog is the best way to keep information fresh about your  ongoing activities, musicians, events, pictures, videos of the musicians, etc.  Use  to control your own content and advertising.
    If you need more information on business building, visit:
    Doris Hullett
    I can be reached through Facebook too.  Wishing you successful branding!

3. spirituality profile image61
    spiritualityposted 7 years ago

From dating to musicians is a long way. It would be hard to make a brand change that big. On the other hand, if the original name was already a bit musical, it might still work for the new business.

The advantage of change is starting over with branding. The advantage of keeping the old domain (not the website) is that the links TO that website will give your new site a head start.

You will have to totally redo the site though. New content, new design - to make it very clear that you're no longer doing dating.