i want to sell workmans conp insurance to the small contractors in florida (1-30

1. profile image43
    common sense guyposted 8 years ago

i want to sell workmans conp insurance to the small contractors in florida (1-30 employees).what...

is the best way to start?

2. Patiopursuit profile image61
    Patiopursuitposted 8 years ago

Well I'm assuming that you're talking about a group of contractors that probably work for one boss or whoever leading the group. I would to him/her first and see what is the best time or when the group has a break that they can gather in one area for a quick 5 minute talk. I wouldn't make it long because they are probably busy so they wouldn't want to care what you have to say if its long. Or you can find one who is interested and tell them to spread the word for you if you're not comfortable doing it the other way.

3. insurancebiz profile image53
    insurancebizposted 8 years ago

Being a good agent is not about "what they can do for you" its about helping them solve there problems and secure there business. I would follow PP's advice and keep it quick because just like for you there time is money. First try and connect with them, ask questions and listen to what they have to say. Guide them into the insurance conversation don't try to force it on them.

If you are starting out and don't have an established book you might want to consider insurance leads to, I know a couple guys who write lots of policies from leads. I do know that they tried some of the smaller lead companies and couldn't get much business, I think bigger is better when it comes to the online leads world.