Is hansons.com a reputable company? We had inferior work done by there Lansing s

1. profile image47
    dressage56posted 7 years ago

Is hansons.com a reputable company? We had inferior work done by there Lansing store and were...

told they would lawyer us into bankruptcy instead of fixing anything. Also our life time warranty is null and void.

2. Nick B profile image79
    Nick Bposted 7 years ago

It may not have been the company you arranged the work through that carried out the work. It may well have been subbed out to contractors who are not connected in any way to the company YOU contracted other than for the purpose of completing your work.
    I know it probably sounds lame, but I watch a lot of Holmes on Homes and one couple hired a company to work on their basement. The owner of the company measured and quoted, answering questions to put the couple's minds at rest, yet had himself hired students to perform the tasks required - not professionals and certainly not the staff of his own company.
    I cannot speak for the company you have hired, but it may well be the case that the above is what has happened to you. Sadly, it does not appear unusual for large companies to threaten expensive legal action. They do this to scare customers away from standing their ground even though they may well be at fault, where they may have hired a less reputable work force to carry out the job on their behalf.
    I wish you luck in bringing this to a successful conclusion.

3. profile image0
    Bradley Howingtonposted 7 years ago

I have done some research for you DressAge56. Reports have been pouring in that Hanson's Window & Siding, LLC is very rude. And from the reports that I have read they seem to be a rip off. They cashed a mans check after he told them not to do so, the check amount was $12,500. Because he was told that $12,500 is way too much for a roof. The man was hung up on by Hanson's after he told them not to cash his check and that he will pay them in smaller amounts. A man then called him back from the company and said to him, "I will get the money, or I will get your house" then he hung up.

Another report shows that Hanson's put windows in a home and the wood around the windows was made out of rotted wood and the company insisted that it was fine. The Hanson's company told the homeowners that they would sue them and make them pay for the windows even if they didn't put them in the house. The homeowners contacted Hanson's because water and dirt was seeping through their windows. Hanson's replied and said they'd come and caulk around the outside of the windows. The owners refused because they did not want their windows to be an eyesore.

There is another report that shows Hanson's caught a house on fire in Toledo, Ohio because they used a blow torch to heat the roofing and got hot embers into the wall of the house. According to the fire department. Hanson's assured the woman that they would take care of it and asked her not to call her insurance agent. But they did not get the job done right. Hanson's company has lied to many folks and has not done the job that they was hired to do. A report on June 19, 2010 shows that Hanson's Window and Construction Inc faces a fine of $784,000 to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, because two children tested positive for lead poisoning in their blood after Hanson's renovated their home. Lead exposure can cause many problems in young children.

I advise you to not do business with this company, DressAge56. Is this a reputable company? Lets just say I'd never do business with them. After researching the company and reading many reports, I advise you not to have anything to do with this company whatsoever. I wish you the best and I hope that you get this taken care of right away!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)