jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

To what degree do you think cloud computing will replace conventional software?

1. garyyoungberg profile image60
    garyyoungbergposted 7 years ago

To what degree do you think cloud computing will replace conventional software?

2. pe555 profile image74
    pe555posted 7 years ago

I think cloud computing will explode in the next few years. Most people only use their computers for the internet now. Notepads, netbooks and ipads are really only used for the internet. Mobile phones will be used more for internet in the future. We are becoming a very mobile society and we want information on the go.

3. Luke Zelleke profile image72
    Luke Zellekeposted 7 years ago

Hi Gary,

Cloud computing is the future. The whole idea of the computer was that we could access information whenever and wherever we wanted it. And as those needs were met we needed more: we wanted to be able to process the data right there and then. Hence the need for cloud computing.
    Another reason that can be quoted is that as the world wakes up to working online, the demand for applications and documents that are truly online and accessible to anyone anywhere has increased. In fact, betting that this trend is going to be the way to the future, Google has decided to release a new notebook that is totally in the cloud – The Chrome Notebook.
    And finally, the concept of cloud computing has enabled Third World countries, that do not have the infrastructure or the finance to support the traditional ‘desktop environment’, skip a step and directly jump into the 20th century.
    Working as a freelancer, I personally am sure that cloud computing is a trend that will take off! At least I hope so.

4. profile image54
    raghuramansposted 6 years ago

Its a very new technology and the post is very valuable. http://www.cloudmarketrev.com

working