Out of Microsoft word,excel,outlook,powepoint,and access,which program in your e

1. profile image47
    Rye2286posted 7 years ago

Out of Microsoft word,excel,outlook,powepoint,and access,which program in your experience do...

employers look for the most in skill set.

2. kimbles profile image44
    kimblesposted 7 years ago

Outlook is just an email device with a calendar, Word is so simple you can learn the basics in a day. Powerpoint is limited, if you do not need to make a presentation what use is it. This leaves Excel, by far the most powerful program of the three and what company doesn't have an accounts section or department. Excel all the way!!

3. americanwriter profile image76
    americanwriterposted 7 years ago

It depends on the job requirements itself however as a generic statement Excel and Word are key for most administrative and knowledge worker jobs. MS Office (which is the combination of Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook is a solid combination of skills to have)

Not only should a job seeker/hopeful moving-up-the-ranks employee have these skills, they should also be able to explain what they know to do within these programs.  For instance just saying I know Excel is not as powerful or convincing as saying "I can set up formulas, add columns and set up new worksheets in Excel" or  "I can set up new documents and do mailmerge in Word."  When an employee or job seeker states what they can do with these programs its much more powerful!