Who understands web marketing enough to where they're able to garner viable traf

1. profile image59
    RedTimbreposted 7 years ago

Who understands web marketing enough to where they're able to garner viable traffic/revenue?

If so, I have ideas a music-related social media type site (such as one where people offer a single reason why they "hate" a particular musician, the community voting on if the reason is valid/justifiable and not just a troll-ish comment, etc.),  just lack the knowledge of profitability.   Seeking someone with the business sense who's interested in collaborating with someone with creative sense...I write for a variety of different creative sites including Toptenz.net and fastopten.com and want to create an independent domain, start an original website.

2. anuragweb18 profile image61
    anuragweb18posted 7 years ago

I would like to tell you my friend that first of all revenue depends upon the traffic you drive on your site. So just talking about traffic i would like you to suggest few points to be followed. First of all you should create that Social Net working site which you mentioned in your question with that beauty that people gonna attract to it.
    Another thing to get traffic is that you will have to improve your site ranking. You can get help with SEO. Also you may target people to your place by use of Google Adwords.

3. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

I have to disagree with anuragweb18 on this point -- revenue does not depend on traffic, revenue depends on GOOD traffic. Just like with customers in any industry, there are some that are profitable to you and some that are worse than unprofitable. Your goal should be in specifically targeting for the segment of the population that will be most interested and most benefit from your idea.

And, to answer your question, yes I do understand enough about web marketing, etc. to help. However, at this time I'm pretty booked with clients and my own independent work, so I can't really do one-on-one collaboration. That said, if you have specific questions related to, for example, how to hone in on a good market, how to conduct research to find that market, how to get better exposure, etc. then I will gladly write a hub that answers your question.

If you'd like a one-on-one consultant who can help you very specifically with your goals, they can often be found on freelancing sites like Elance and Guru -- the only problem is, there are many people who claim to be internet marketers that don't know the first thing about marketing, so actually finding someone can be a very difficult and expensive process. This is an area where you really don't want to go for the low bid, and you really want someone who can give you specific examples of their past work. If you'd like, I can write a hub explaining how you can fairly easily evaluate whether a site a marketer may offer as an example is doing well or not -- it won't show conversion rates, but it will show how the site is ranking and how the keywords are following trends, etc.