jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you talked to a male 911 operator?

1. Daffy Duck profile image61
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

Have you talked to a male 911 operator?

It seems as though all 911 operators are female.  I've never talked to a male 911 operator and don't know anyone who has.  Have you?

2. Adventure Colorad profile image82
    Adventure Coloradposted 6 years ago

Yes, I have talked to several male 911 operators, there aren't usually as many of them, but they are around.  Sometimes they use it as a way to get employed by a law enforcement agency.  Once they have their foot in the door it might be easier to become a police officer.

3. BizGenGirl profile image89
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

I have only ever had to call 911 less then a handful of times. Though I believe that at least two of those times was a male emergency operator.

I'd imagine womenly voices probably benefit an operator in such an industry. You're talking to panicky people all day long, and you have to get them to chill out. Can you imagine a big deep booming voice from the phone telling you to "please calm down"? lol

4. HattieMattieMae profile image60
    HattieMattieMaeposted 6 years ago

hmm well I haven't talked to one, but I've heard them dispatching on the police scanners! smile

5. ChristineVianello profile image61
    ChristineVianelloposted 6 years ago

My friends brother is a 911 operator. There are not many male operators in the feild.

6. christiansister profile image59
    christiansisterposted 6 years ago

I have never called and talked to one but I did work as a 911 operator in Lexington SC and we had two male operators on our crew. But, that was back in 1994.