jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Should I trust a PR 0 site about Affiliate Marketing for advice about affiliate

1. AllieRambles profile image61
    AllieRamblesposted 6 years ago

Should I trust a PR 0 site about Affiliate Marketing for advice about affiliate marketing?

2. AllieRambles profile image61
    AllieRamblesposted 6 years ago

To be specific.  Affiliate Marketing for Niche sites.

3. Rob Winters profile image85
    Rob Wintersposted 6 years ago

It depends, a site may have a PR of  0 simply because it is very new yet still be a legitimate source of expertise. Google can also take sometime to update PR's so it may noy be a true reflection.If the site is a couple of years old or more however and still has a PR of 0 and is giving affiliate advice they are obviously not to hot on the SEO aspects at the least given their ranking.In which case i'd be more inclined to be wary of their other advice in relation to affiliate marketing not that they couln't have any useful advice mind.

4. Bendo13 profile image80
    Bendo13posted 6 years ago

I wouldn't trust a site that talks about getting traffic, SEO and boosting your rankings if they have a PR 0... but an affiliate marketing site? hmm I dunno...

They're giving tips on how to market others products, maybe even their own, and a lot of people hide their affiliate pages from search engines so that not everyone can sign up. 

They're not really teaching you about how to boost your PR, so the proof you're looking for should be something along the lines of how many affiliate sales they've made.

But it could just be a new site... or they really do suck.

5. meldin profile image60
    meldinposted 6 years ago

Why not?  Maybe it's a new site.  Or maybe it's a satellite site.  Point is you should form your own judgements rather than rely on Google's scoring system!

6. RZed profile image61
    RZedposted 5 years ago

It's an interesting one for sure. Meldin is right, every good quality site has to start somewhere. The check that i would undertake is to check when their site was launched. You can find this online easily. If they are new, that explains the PR0 ranking. If they are an older site...well do they have any backlinks? If they do, they may well have been penalized by Google.

One of the big pluses about the web - it's usually not a new subject! You will be able to find out whether they are giving good advice by checking other authority affiliate sites.

You might also want to check on forums or blogs about the site...there are usually opinions and thoughts of visitors like yourself to be found.