jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why do people who have a good job risk it by calling in sick when they just want

1. eddiecarrara profile image94
    eddiecarraraposted 6 years ago

Why do people who have a good job risk it by calling in sick when they just want to party?

I must be old school or something because I work first,then have fun. You can do so much more with cash in your pocket, lol.

2. terrektwo profile image84
    terrektwoposted 6 years ago

If they already have a "good" job they probably believe they can get another or that they won't be fired. I agree with you though work first, play after. If you have a good job in this economy it is a very bad idea to risk it.

3. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 6 years ago

Generally it's a sign of extreme immaturity, and the mistaken belief that good jobs are easy to find -- or, believing that they will never have to face the consequences of their actions.

4. DonDWest profile image61
    DonDWestposted 6 years ago

Quite often, I find people who call in sick all of the time have very good education credentials; and unfortunately, they do tend to get away with it during their entire lives.  Heavily credentialed people often spin the line, "I work smarter, not harder." The gullible employers actually believe that because they have all this education; that must be the case. What employers don't see are the more productive employees picking up the tab for this mostly absent worker.

5. Jonesy0311 profile image61
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

I would chalk it up to immaturity mostly. But more specifically, the refusal to delay gratification, which has become a huge problem for my generation. Also, there is a sense of entitlement. Even if that person is fired, he or she will think the company screwed them over.

6. eddiecarrara profile image94
    eddiecarraraposted 6 years ago

Jonesy0311 I think you hit the nail on the head, especially when they think the company was unfair and screwed them, lol

working