jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How would you advertise to the "grey market", the over 55's?

1. sangre profile image95
    sangreposted 6 years ago

How would you advertise to the "grey market", the over 55's?

We all know how advertisers target the teens, men, woman and couples, but have you ever thought about how they target the older market. What would they need to do to buy customer loyalty.

2. Blond Logic profile image96
    Blond Logicposted 6 years ago

I think this is one of the most difficult and most lucrative markets if it is approached correctly. The grey market want quality products, not necessarily trendy items. Think security issues, health issues, and secure financing.

Looking at the television adverts in the middle of the day can give you a lot of clues. These are targeted to the grey market, the unemployed or new mothers.

Normally it is narrated by someone who is well known and respected. This is to instill a sense of "if he is endorsing the product, it must be good."

3. sangre profile image95
    sangreposted 6 years ago

@ Blond Logic, thanks for your advice, this is really helpful to me for a project I have to do.

4. b2b-sales-europe profile image61
    b2b-sales-europeposted 6 years ago

You surely find studies about media usage in demographic terms, where you find which kind of media is used by your target group. It depends also on what you want to sell.
    What kind of exposure do you need? Do you sell locally, regionally or nationwide?  Do you need to advertise or is it better to reach out directly, e.g. building a chain of value added resellers in your target group? Is advertising better than promotion?
    Find some data about website audience to check out, which pages are used by your customers. Call for media data from the newspapers.
    There is so much sources you can get information to assamble and optimize your marketing strategy before deciding to advertise!

working