jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Those shops that are open 24/7, why do they have doors?

1. ronhi profile image76
    ronhiposted 6 years ago

Those shops that are open 24/7, why do they have doors?

I mean, they will never close the door, so why bother having the doors in the first place?

2. OutsideTheLines profile image60
    OutsideTheLinesposted 6 years ago

The zombie apocalypse of course! wink I actually searched for an answer to this one a while back and if I'm not mistaken it's a state business requirement.

3. LucidDreams profile image70
    LucidDreamsposted 6 years ago

I agree, it is probably a state or local requirement. Also consider a storm or an emergency. They would certainly have to be able to lock the place up when needed.

4. Morena88 profile image75
    Morena88posted 6 years ago

I think it's in case they do close (emergencies, major holidays, etc), but mainly to keep wind, rain, snow and other outside elements outside. Having doors will keep heating/cooling costs down.

A lot of people also ask why they have locks on their doors!

5. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 6 years ago

In this area, it's a matter of weather. We get to about 115F during the summer, down to as low as -40F in the winter, and very little weather in-between, so there must be doors to help regulate indoor temperature. The local Wal-Mart has to lock certain doors on windy days because otherwise people would have a wind tunnel, and we frequently get rain and hail. There was also a manhunt nearby last week for a triple homicide suspect, and all businesses and public buildings were locked down so that he would have nowhere to hide and would not have the opportunity to take hostages. Maybe that's one reason why it's a business requirement?

6. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Holidays and unruly rodents.

working