jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why do many people struggle to achieve employment success?

1. jpcmc profile image89
    jpcmcposted 6 years ago

Why do many people struggle to achieve employment success?

Some seem to have it easy while others have the world on their shoulders.  What are the commonreasons why people fail?  More importantly, What tips and suggestions can you give?

2. Rhonda_M profile image83
    Rhonda_Mposted 6 years ago

I believe there are many reasons. I think one reason is a supply and demand issue. Finding a good fit in a job is hard, many good positions have high competition, many of us end up in the wrong job which can end up damaging self esteem. What do you do? Wait for the right job, or take what you can get and be underemployed or frustratingly employed. Or perhaps we can go back to the drawing board and better plan our careers.

3. kittyjj profile image71
    kittyjjposted 6 years ago

For me, it was because I decided to put my family first.  Although I have a BA degree in architecture, by the time I graduated my kids were little so I chose to be a stay-at-home mom.  Now 12 years later, my youngest kid is in second grade and I felt that it's time for me to start working again.  I wanted to be home with my kids when they're not at school.  It's hard to find a job in architecture with flexible schedule.  So I decided to give writing a try instead.  I am currently working on a picture book.
    In order to achieve a goal, I would try my best, improve my skills and be persistent.

4. Diana Mendes profile image76
    Diana Mendesposted 6 years ago

Job situations have become very difficult. There is so much of competition. For a vacancy there are thousands of applicants. Very often you have to take what you get & work hard to prove yourself to get that promotion to get to where you want to be. Sometimes you need to do some additional courses or undergo further training. So you have to have a good qualification, good knowledge of the job you applied for, & confidence. You have also got to be well versed & up to date with the latest happenings. You have got to be well read & have good general knowledge. Your personality, grooming, good manners, values, abilities & capabilities play an important role. It is hard work to climb the ladder of success.

5. freemarketingnow profile image57
    freemarketingnowposted 6 years ago

I think we do it to impress other people and to live a comfortable lifestyle. It's how we define success; we have an unalienable right to life, liberty, and THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS.

working