jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Would you take a pay cut to begin a new job in something that you enjoy?

1. MarleyOz profile image80
    MarleyOzposted 5 years ago

Would you take a pay cut to begin a new job  in something that you enjoy?

2. Redberry Sky profile image94
    Redberry Skyposted 5 years ago

I did this - I quit my career to go to university. It was liberating smile

3. Heather Jacobs profile image63
    Heather Jacobsposted 5 years ago

Yes! There are things more important in life than money and sometimes you just have to take a leap to be happy.

4. KevinTimothy profile image81
    KevinTimothyposted 5 years ago

I would take that pay cut without question.  I'm a firm believer that if you pursue your passions as opposed to compensation, you will have a much rewarding experience.  Not to mention, the money will come regardless.  If you love the new job, and it's a great service (that helps others), it will pay off even in your health.

5. Laura in Denver profile image80
    Laura in Denverposted 5 years ago

Absolutely! Life is lived once. When your work is also your passion, it does not feel like work.

Having said this, a livable wage must be included somewhere or your life is lived austerely.

6. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

After being unemployed for 18 months, what would had been a pay cut at one time, would look like a raise today--I would definitely go for it, if offered?

7. CJWood71 profile image86
    CJWood71posted 5 years ago

I would definately take a pay cut if I had an oppurtunity to take a job in a field that I truely loved and enjoyed.  Money is a nice thing to have, but happiness at the end of the day is priceless.  All the money in the world will not make you happy if you do not like what you are doing with your life.

8. MellyMoo profile image59
    MellyMooposted 5 years ago

Yes i have done so in the past&it is well worth it

working