jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

I have an MBA and I still can't get a job. What do I need to do to get an employ

1. Di Heid profile image59
    Di Heidposted 5 years ago

I have an MBA and I still can't get a job. What do I need to do to get an employer to hire me?

2. point2make profile image80
    point2makeposted 5 years ago

The first thing to do is not oversell the MBA. That is an impressive accomplishment and you deserve congratulations however these days I'm sure you realize that there are probably hundreds if not thousands of MBA's looking for work. In that sense you are one of many. You need to stand out .........you need to be different from all those other MBA's looking for a job.  You need to sell yourself....not your MBA.

If I may be so bold to make a further suggestion. Before you go on your next job interview  put that MBA to good use and.....DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!
    Learn all you can about the company that has granted you an interview. As you gather information about the company do an honest assessment of your own skills and experiences and how they might "fit" with this company. At the interview impress the heck out of them with your knowledge of the company, it's products or services and how you will be a great fit for them. Do all this and you will get a job sooner than you think. What you need to realize is there are companies out there that need you.....they just don't realize it yet. Go out and sell yourself and always remember your MBA will help you perform your job but, these days, it will not get you the job.............only you can do that.

3. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

Are you only looking in the US? What sort of job are you looking for? What field--marketing, sales, management, etc? Are you looking at every opportunity that comes along or are you only looking for high-paying jobs? Most MBAs that I see that are brought in to a company to be groomed for upper management positions already have a great deal of lower-level work experience under their belts (by "lower level", I mean non-leadership account management, sales reps, etc)

4. swainstyle profile image60
    swainstyleposted 5 years ago
  5. profile image52
    melonmoneyposted 5 years ago

I say stop looking for an employer to hire you and start your own business

6. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

Get a job in the field that is entry level, because they have learned that credentials do not make you qualified to step into a management position.

working