jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Are women still limited to how far they may progress in their chosen carers?

1. Alana Warren profile image60
    Alana Warrenposted 5 years ago

Are women still limited to how far they may progress in their chosen carers?

Its the 21st Century and women have respectively progressed far in their fight for equal rights however does the female sex still struggle in developing their carer, their treatment and progression in employment.

2. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

In most countries they most certainly are. The saying goes that you can tell when a woman has made it to the top 'when she starts acting like the idiot men she passed on the way.'

I'd like to see women who make it to the top behave like women; to keep their motherly and life preserving instincts in the correct womanly perspective.

1. limpet profile image59
      limpetposted 3 years agoin reply to this

The word 'limitation' here just to remind me not to stray from the topic. When i look about during my 'daily grind' and my interaction with Women gives me the impression that they are satisfied with their lot in life.

3. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

In my opinion, here in the USA, no women are not limited any more. Treatment is beyond fair because of law suits. I have never felt being a woman has held me back.

4. Diana Lee profile image84
    Diana Leeposted 5 years ago

It depends on what part of the world you live in. Even in the free world the male still has most of the control. We have more say now as women than ever before and there is no reason why in this day in time women can't do most jobs men do.  Careers are not so much a gender thing as they are an individual decision.

5. sangre profile image96
    sangreposted 5 years ago

If you have the confidence, the self belief, the power and the attitude along with been able to ignore others opinions then you can achieve anything you want. 

Even today there is still a majority of more men than woman in many of the high powered jobs out there.

But if a woman continues in her career she is still expected to come home after work and be a wife and mother. So trying to balance out the three jobs can be a handful and sometimes, something has to give and usually it’s the career.