jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

When applying for job posted online, how do you know when a job posting is fake?

1. alexandriaruthk profile image76
    alexandriaruthkposted 5 years ago

When applying for job posted online, how do you know when a job posting is fake?

Most people scour the Internet when applying for job, but how do you know that the jobs are real?

2. Samkoskei profile image64
    Samkoskeiposted 5 years ago

It is true,it is impossible to tell whether jobs posted online is fake or real.Mostly,true jobs on the internet,are also advertise on the local news paper.Assurance that whether is true or fake,is to contact real company advertising for the job.

3. missa72542 profile image94
    missa72542posted 5 years ago

It's really hard to tell if a job is a scam or is legit when looking online. There are so many sites that just want to steal your identity.

I wrote a hub on finding online jobs here: http://missa72542.hubpages.com/hub/Web-Job

At a point in the hub I go over things about scams and some of the ways to identify them. Such as... if its a survey site, stay away from the ones that ask for your exact street address. Those places will probably just end up sending you spam mail.

I go into a little bit of depth in my hub on how to identify if a job site/opportunity is a scam or not.

4. precy anza profile image83
    precy anzaposted 5 years ago

I agree with those two, you can hardly tell if they are legit or not. But it would really help if you do to avoid future headaches. I had read something online years ago about knowing if a site or those online job related are legit or are fooling around.

*The website or job posted should have a working contact number and address. So try and look for a contact number and address and contact them to know if the number is in service.

* Check the BBB website if the online job or that company is listed in there. And you want to search and see if there's something that would come out online about the online job you were considering. You might read a review from others who had already tried the job and how did it worked for them and such. If you came across something negative then you might wanna think twice about that job.

* And it's always smart to not get into something (or online job) that would ask for a fee, either to fully access their website or to get the job.

5. Deepak Chaturvedi profile image70
    Deepak Chaturvediposted 5 years ago

Real jobs opening look different than that of fake one.They do not maintion their email id they use general or say public mails like gmail,yahoo etc.Moreover,they usually demand money for job openings.