What drives you to succeed??

1. BChild75 profile image59
    BChild75posted 4 years ago

What drives you to succeed??

2. Haseena Firdousia profile image70
    Haseena Firdousiaposted 4 years ago

Do you ever wonder what drives you to do what you do? What the intentions behind your actions are? Why success is so important to you? What rewards you expect to earn? These questions led me to read the book Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us written by Daniel H. Pink.

Daniel writes, "If we want to strengthen our organizations, get beyond our decade of underachievement, and address the inchoate sense that something's gone wrong in our businesses, our lives, and our world, we need to move from Type X to Type I. Type I behavior is fueled more by intrinsic desires than extrinsic ones. It concerns itself less with the external rewards to which an activity leads and more with the inherent satisfaction of the activity itself."

I was fascinated by this book because it really spoke to me on a deeper level. I was in the fast paced world of being a corporate climber. I got to the rung of the ladder that I set as my goal. I made it to Vice President. After my climb came to an abrupt stop and my job ended, I started my own company. Suddenly, I was no longer driven by the salary, title, bonus, expenses and the benefits; I was driven by the work. I was driven by building something from scratch, doing the work that I love and seeing the rewards in the clients I help guide. It was a definite transition and one that I had to embrace daily. I discovered that my pride now came from a different place. I had to learn to let go of things that I began to see were connected with my ego. Instead, I had to connect with my spirit and the idea of simplicity. I was doing what I loved and I was succeeding in a whole new way.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jen-grisa … 78704.html

working