jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think that you matter in your workplace?

1. jaydawg808 profile image90
    jaydawg808posted 3 years ago

Do you think that you matter in your workplace?

2. MsDora profile image94
    MsDoraposted 3 years ago

Everybody matters in the workplace.  No one is hired just because . . . Those who feel less than significant need to discover how being there fits in with their life's purpose.  I'm not there anymore, but when I was, I knew that my day's work counted for something.

3. profile image0
    JustCraftyposted 3 years ago

I think the work I do matters but me as a person I don't think so as the company treats you like crap and you have the feeling that you can stay or leave either way they don't care.
    They figure they can hire people everyday whether they stay or go is up to them as this company I work for is not interested in the peons like me at the bottom just that the job gets done by someone.

4. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 3 years ago

Absolutely. In fact, it's safe to say that in my workplace, little else does matter. That said....I'm self-employed. Sole proprietor. So yeah. My last workplace was Wal-Mart, ending in 2007 -- I did not feel like I mattered there. In fact, as long as people clocked in and out on time, they didn't really seem to care what everyone was up to. It always galled me that I put everything I had into customer service, keeping stocking up, keeping the aquariums nice, etc., and I still got paid exactly the same as the person hiding in the break room all day. So I built myself a situation in which the level of effort really is related to the level of compensation.

5. ilikegames profile image81
    ilikegamesposted 3 years ago

As I've just started a new job it is simply too early to tell for me but I'm starting to get the hint that I matter after nearly a month there now.