What are some marketable skills?

1. Matt Christensen profile image61
    Matt Christensenposted 19 months ago

What are some marketable skills?

Usually this question merits answers like "integrity" and "good communication."  Though those are very important, I'm looking for something else.  Mainly, what are some good skills I could hone and sell?  I can't sell integrity, but I can, for example, learn to crochet and start selling wool socks to my classmates.  What are some other practical skills that I could learn, then market?

2. promisem profile image97
    promisemposted 19 months ago

As a long-time manager and recruiter, I can tell you that I looked for computer skills and specifically skills in certain types of software. The software depends on the position. I also looked for related work experience.

Beyond that, it's hard to say without knowing more about your areas of interest. Choose a career path and then develop the necessary skills on your own (such as blogging or starting a niche, part-time business). Get involved in organizations related to that type of work. Gain contacts through social media sites such as LinkedIn.

I just looked at your profile page. Write articles on HubPages about your areas of interest. Research them thoroughly to show you have authority.

working