Did you get your stimulus check?

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (85 posts)
  1. Kenna McHugh profile image92
    Kenna McHughposted 4 years ago

I just looked at my checking act. The stimulus money arrived! Yay! I hope yours is too! What are you going to do with it?

1. Marie Flint profile image73
      Marie Flintposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Not yet, Kenna, but when I do, I may just divide it between my two daughters. I haven't decided yet because I believe in the old adage, "Don't count your chickens before they hatch."

I'm happy for you!

Kenna McHughposted 4 years agoin reply to this

My daughter received her own stimulus check. She plans on paying for her college registration deposit with it and some other important college stuff. She did offer to share it with me, too.

2. LindblomLawyers profile image60
      LindblomLawyersposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Awesome

3. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I've gotten it but not my income tax refund that i was supposed to get by now, as i filed my taxes over a month ago.  hmm

4. VJJewelleryMachines profile image61
      VJJewelleryMachinesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

yea

Good to hear!

5. Binrinse profile image61
      Binrinseposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Cool

6. victorypi1 profile image61
      victorypi1posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Cool

2. FatFreddysCat profile image95
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

Ours arrived today.
    Since my hours at work have been cut, I guess we'll use it to keep the lights on and buy some groceries. Y'know, unimportant frills like that...  big_smile

FFC, same here, spend it on bills and food. There's nothing else to do.

3. NateB11 profile image86
    NateB11posted 4 years ago

Not going to lie, this makes me feel bad because I haven't gotten it yet. And I need it, badly.

I'm wondering if they got my direct deposit information on time because I only recently did my taxes. hmm

1. NateB11 profile image86
      NateB11posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I should qualify all that. I'm not upset because you guys got yours, I'm glad. I'm worried that I did my taxes too late for them to have my direct deposit info. yikes

2. Kenna McHugh profile image92

It will come, keep checking. Not everyone has gotten one yet.  Here is the link to track your check: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

Just checked into it and I'm not getting it. Or I'm getting it months from now. I filed taxes but owed money. They're only using direct deposit info for people getting refunds. Sneaky trick, they're good. Too bad too because I desperately need the money.

So, because you owe taxes, they are using that as part of the stimulus check. So, you don't have to pay as much taxes.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
            paradigmsearchposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'm an SSA direct deposit person, but I might be in the same situation as you because I also filed a owed-money tax return. It all depends if they're coordinated enough to reconcile the two databases. sad

2. OldRoses profile image96
            OldRosesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

There is a tool on the site where you can supply your bank info if you owed taxes.  That's what I did.  Go to IRS.gov and click on "Get My Payment".  Have a copy of your 2019 return (you will need to input info from it) and your checkbook (for routing and account number).  It's fast and easy.

1. wilderness profile image95
              wildernessposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That's what I did.  We'll see how long it takes now.

OldRose, I hope your check comes soon!

1. OldRoses profile image96
                OldRosesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, me too!  Like everyone else, I need the money to pay bills.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image90
                Rochelle Frankposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Is this money considered to be taxable income?

We got ours (and I guess all government money is "ours" to begin with). 

I know some people really need this, but I think they made the threshold a little high.  Many retired people  who recieve social security may also have a company pension or retirement plan, also IRAS, investments or rental property, and even HubPages income. Expenses may be lower if you own a paid off house don't have debt and don't live in an extravagant style.

3. Solaras profile image96
            Solarasposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I am in the same boat.  Punishing owers for not over paying on their taxes.  Mine is worse though - I get "Status Not Available” which is concerning - but I guess they will sort it out, or just run out of money, like they did with the small business loans. Such a scam.

3. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

A speculation. They're doing all the IRS returns direct deposits first. Then they'll get around to the SSA direct deposit recipients.

I haven't received my return deposit yet but received the stimulus check.

Yep, that's what I meant.

4. paradigmsearch profile image60

Info and links: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/15/if-you- … oming.html

IRS direct-deposit  recipients  sent. SSA direct-deposit recipients still not sent yet. Nate is right about paper check 2-month delays.

5. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 4 years ago

I haven't gotten mine, either.  The IRS site (https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment) says my information is not on file, in spite of filing for both 2018 and 2019.  All I can figure is that I didn't get a refund either year - had to pay - and the bank account used for payment is not considered a "direct deposit" account.

I've updated the information at the link with the same bank account.  We'll see if it works.

For the life of me, I couldn't find a place to enter bank info. If you are a filer, and owe, you can only enter info for paying what you owe, which their FAQ says they don't use for sending stimulus payments. And if you are required to file you can't use the non-filer option. And when I check on the status it just says they have no info on my eligibility and no link to enter information. Typical.

Click the "Get my Payment" link.  It takes you to where you can input information about your bank account. 

It does seem like if you have to file, you must have done so, though - that link requires input of some tax information.  Gross income, amount owed, etc.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60

I'm also seeing media reports about the IRS sending payments to the wrong bank account numbers. Yep, this is beginning to look like it is going to be a real pain in the neck for some of us.

6. NateB11 profile image86
      NateB11posted 4 years ago

It's interesting in Canada you just have to apply online, give them your info, and you have a payment, a bigger one, within days. But here in the US, unless you're a bank or corporation, it's exceedingly difficult to get you a payment on money you actually need from a government you've definitely paid into; they are incredibly inefficient when they want to be and efficient when they want to be. They certainly have no problem effectively decimating whole countries with bombs but can't get a low wage worker needed money during a crisis. Sh-t hole country. Need to start looking for a job in Canada.

1. Solaras profile image96

They suck at everything they try to do.  Sick bastards can't even pay the people who pay them taxes. How many "folks" got to pay no taxes and get a stimulus check - Mortons and Ruth Chris steakhouse each get $20 million a piece - I read about both, could be just one or none. Sounds sick to me. I could go on, but i'll just leave the puke here, and move along.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It's different in Canada because tax filing is centralized to government, here it is privatized and so fragmented and non-uniform.

7. Gregory DeVictor profile image96
      Gregory DeVictorposted 4 years ago

Maybe this can help somebody. I just saw it on the KGO SF website. The article is titled “Did you get a Payment Status Not Available error on the IRS stimulus check portal? Here's what that means” Here’s the link:

https://abc7news.com/finance/what-the-i … s/6107908/

Good data, Gregory. Thanks!

1. EricFarmer8x profile image95
          EricFarmer8xposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I have not gotten mine yet. When I do, it will be used to pay off credit and bills. So all the fun things.

It may not be fun, but it's smart!

2. Solaras profile image96

Not helpful, but thanks for trying.

8. psycheskinner profile image84
      psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

It is made difficult because the US insists on having a privatized and fragmented tax-filing system. I am surprised that it is working as well as it is. In Canada it is easier because everyone  files directly using a government portal.

Each country has its systems of doing things and its own SNAFUs.

9. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 4 years ago

So what I am saying here is I am fortunate enough to not “need” the money, and should use it to help someone else.

I agree. My family didn't need it either, so we are spending it on local businesses and such, putting it back out into the community.  You will have to report it as income for your next filing. It falls under tax grants.

10. Doneta Wrate profile image81
      Doneta Wrateposted 4 years ago

No, my husband and i have not gotten our stimulus check nor our income tax return.  and we are a little ansy.

We just got our return this morning, no great shakes, but will help with what's going on.

11. paradigmsearch profile image60

The dark side, a warning, not humor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0xbatF1iq8

An update. The previous post appears to have been partially negated: https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/ … 220136.php

12. paradigmsearch profile image60

Alas, still no stimulus checks for the Social Security folks. AdSense is however paying off their website customers. I just got mine and am happy with the world. As for the SS check I'm due, it's only a matter of time.

Unfortunately or fortunately, that is what we have a lot of — time.

HP will perk up many of us on the 28th. By then, I hope SS will, too.

Yes. Pay Out Day is coming up.

13. paradigmsearch profile image60

https://i.imgflip.com/3xnynj.jpg

The govt. web site tells me mine will be mailed April 24th.  Mailed, after filling out their request for direct deposit bank information and after using the same bank for years to pay taxes from and receive direct deposit SSA payments.

Govt. at its best!

Wilderness, That is unbelievable.

???  Unbelievable?  This is a government program we're talking about, right?  lol

Perhaps, I am being kind? big_smile

14. paradigmsearch profile image60

I'm going from euphoria to depression.

Hang on!

I think I have bad karma. Whenever any sort of bureaucracy gets involved, my life immediately gets the shaft.

15. paradigmsearch profile image60

https://i.imgflip.com/3xp6y7.jpg

16. paradigmsearch profile image60

Are you short on money? So am I. Here's a song dedicated to us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aSD0GkU4jk

17. paradigmsearch profile image60
    18. paradigmsearch profile image60

Still no action from the IRS regarding us SSA folks. Am becoming an unhappy camper.

19. paradigmsearch profile image60

https://i.imgflip.com/3xty6b.jpg

lol

I'm still foaming at the mouth over the IRS suddenly abandoning SS direct deposit people who also happened to have filled non direct deposit tax forms. Apparently, the IRS decided it was too complicated for them to reconcile the two database. Leastwise, we are now allowed to submit our direct deposit data.

Progress!

I swear, it seems like Murphy has become my permanent roommate. big_smile

2. wilderness profile image95

According to the "get my payment", mine was supposed to be mailed yesterday.  After I had given them my information, which they already had with SS direct deposit.

On the happy side, it showed up in the mailbox today and I got to it before somebody stole it.

Now If I can just find my mask and go to the bank, hoping I'm not shot as a robber when I do.

I just checked. They are now promising a direct deposit payment is forthcoming. US postal service will not be involved. This is a great weight off my mind. The delivery service where I live is horrendous. If they were to send a paper check, the odds would be 50:50 I never would have seen it.

You can try app deposit. Real simple.

Already made it to the bank, and back out without being arrested. big_smile All is good.

Awesome!!!

20. paradigmsearch profile image60

FROM THE IRS:

"
      Planned Outages: April 23, 24, and 25, 2020
      This service will be unavailable starting at 10 p.m. Eastern until approximately 1 a.m. due to planned maintenance on:

Thursday, April 23, 2020
      Friday, April 24, 2020
      Saturday, April 25, 2020
      "
      https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

EDIT: hopefully we will be in business after that?

21. paradigmsearch profile image60

I have informed my bank to notify me of any deposits. They have been ominously silent.

22. paradigmsearch profile image60

RANT TIME!

If you filed taxes and the tax forms don't have your direct deposit information, they are sending you a paper check. They don't care if they already have your direct deposit information from your Social Security Direct Deposit Account, they are still going to send you a paper check and it could be as late as August.

Your only option: get your tax forms and your checkbook. Go to https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment Click  "Get My Payment". Fill the damned thing out and be sure not to mess up your SS or bank account numbers.

23. paradigmsearch profile image60

One of my website pages is getting buried in traffic due to the stimulus check situation. I know it costs me money, but nice guy that I am, I point them to the the correct IRS page.

24. TeriSilver profile image93
      TeriSilverposted 4 years ago

I have to wait for the USPS.  And as my collections lawyer husband says, it ain't over until 90 days after the check clears.  Although in this case, I don't think the federal government can file a bankruptcy. :-) Still, I'll believe it when I see it.

25. carrie Lee Night profile image80
      carrie Lee Nightposted 4 years ago

I have stored it away.

26. Doneta Wrate profile image81
      Doneta Wrateposted 4 years ago

irs says our was put in the mail fri.  we are going to pay bills with it.

27. paradigmsearch profile image60

Mailbox thefts have become absolutely rampant. The cluster mailboxes are not just being broken into, the whole units are being yanked up (or unbolted) off the cement sidewalks and taken away. The thieves really want those stimulus checks... If one knows the approx time time deliveries are made, it is best to be there and waiting. Pain in the neck, but no choice.

Wow!! Plus, the thieves wear masks so that you can identify them.

Now that made me grin.

28. Solaras profile image96
      Solarasposted 4 years ago

I am locked out of the system.  It said I just needed to add my bank account info, but you need your tax return info to authenticate yourself.  I had it, but IRS was not believing my info.  Now it tells me I am not authorized to access the server.  Good times.

I guess I'll wait for a paper check with DJT's signature on it, since it came from his personal bank account.

Dang, that is so weird. Can't they email you a temporary password?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)