jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Malicious compliance

1. Onusonus profile image87
    Onusonusposted 7 years ago

Last night it took me an entire shift to repair a valve on a submarine that usually only takes an hour. The "quality inspecter" is a woman who is known for being overly tedious during the inspection process, she reviews paper work and blueprints bringing into question aspects of the job that can be pointless, her intolerasble level of micromanagement on the jobsight made me feel like it was my first day on the job. Also while performing the inspection she becomes condescending, I got a half hour lecture for not bringing a flashlight to the sight with me, while she was holding one in her hand the whole time.

It is my opinion that this woman purposefully drags out jobs to an unacceptable time length so she doesn't have to do more than one task in a shift.

1. IzzyM profile image89
      IzzyMposted 7 years ago in reply to this

In that case, you also only had to do one job in a shift? What government are you both employed by? Submarines are owned by governments, aren't they? In other words the taxpayers are paying for you two to slack around instead of getting on with the job you are paid to do.

Onusonusposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yup.
        That's your tax dollars at work.

oh wait, your from Spain, so don't worry about it, you guys are good I guess.

2. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 7 years ago

Maybe you shoulda told her to give you the flashlight and go away while you do your job!  ha

But maybe she really is just a stickler for all the tiny details so that nobody gets in trouble?

I cant, she has to be at the job while I'm working. But no other inspector is like her.I'd like to tell her where to stick that flashlight though.

3. IzzyM profile image89
    IzzyMposted 7 years ago

LOL, thank God I don't live in the US!

working