- Business and Employment»
- Marketing & Sales»
- Sales & Selling
What are the capabilities that a Key Account Manager must possess?
The main attribute of a Key Account Manager is to be the intermediary between the organisation and the customer, focussing on finding solutions for the customer and building long term relationships. Other capabilities are:
• The ability to find solutions and match needs with outcomes, whether the outcomes be a product (sale), advice, support or connecting the customer with experts.
• Investigating ways of ensuring that the customer gets the best deal and identifying ways of reducing their costs while increasing their profit.
• Multi-tasking to manage several large customers simultaneously.
• A deep understanding of the products, services and solutions sold by the company.
• A deep understanding of the each of the customer’s businesses, needs, attitudes and response times required.
• The ability to build long term relationships through exceptional customer service while demonstrating a genuine concern for the customers wants and needs.
• The willingness to go beyond the call of duty to service, manage and offer solutions to their valued customers.
• The ability to make immediate decisions on their own to overcome customers’ problems.
• Challenging the company’s procedures and policies to ensure that the customer is at the centre of all activity.
The outcome of doing all of the above will be to generate more sales for the business