How To Promote Your Business
Business Promotion Basics
Just think about it, you have a great business, but no one knows about it. The business will not come to you ! You have to get out in the world and toot your horn ! Let's get busy with a plan to get you noticed both online and off ~It does not matter what your business is, we will help you get the job done with our incredible tools and resources....Get ready to do the work and then get ready to reap the rewards as we go Power Promoting !
Your Mission Statement
Define Who You Are
A mssion statement is the first step that any business should take. It deines who you are and what your goal is in about 30 seconds. It defines what you do and why you do it. It should only be about three to four sentences long. A mission statement will inspire you to reach for your goals. It will also tell others that you are serious about what you do. And as you evolve it may change.
Your Promotion Plan
How To Get Started
Assuming that you have no plan in place or maybe at best, just a few notes or ideas, let's begin to make it all happen.
Plan your target market Define who your best prospects are and the best ways to reach them. Be as specific as you can as to who they are and how you will get to them.
Gather together everything you need.
Let's start with what you are going to promote..Not a jumbled list or idea. Write down what you are going to promote. Gather information about it. Know the link or webite location. Have a short description, say about 25 words and a long description of about 50 words.Have your banners ready and some text links. Being organized will help you be efficient.
If you don't have a website set one upIf you can't afford to ,ecthave one professionally designed, use the templates and features of the most popular places like Yola, Sitesell, Homestead
Set your goals-what exactly do you want this program to accomplish. This is not something vague, but rather something specific....like the exact number of hits you would like to recieve or the exact amount of money you would like to make. Make your goal attainable and time specific. Most of all, place those goals right in front of you !
Like any good plan, you need to commit to the long term goal and the short ones. Long term goals are anything longer than 6 months. Short terms are anything less than 6 months. Write them down in your business planner or in your business journal.
Commit to the time that you will need for the project.Decide how much time that you will use and stick to it. Block this time in your planner.
Decide what amount of funds you will expend if any for the project. Commit those funds to the project !
To plan your project you will need to decide the components that will work for you.Set goals for each of your chosen component and get your plans into action.
Seems like a lot of work, but Powerbuildwers know that to be big business, you have to think like big business !
Power Promotion Tip
If you're just starting out and don't have a business card and business stationery, have them made up -- immediately. Your business card, letterhead and envelope tell prospective customers you are a professional who takes your business seriously. Be sure to list your website address on your business card and, letterhead and any handouts you create.
Promotion Plan Components - Select That Parts That Best Fit Your Needs
You should select the business promos for your particular business. Your needs as a direct seller will be different than an online entrepreneur. Each business has different needs, so you should select the ones that complement your efforts
- Your Website Rank- If you are online your website rank should be the first place that you start ! This means knowing what your rank is. How do the major search engines see you? You need to look at your content and your keywords and adjust as you need to. Content is always king ! So you may have to look at that! Learn as much as you can about SEO and keyword mastery. This part may also include a spending money for submision services once you have optimized your site. This is an ongoing and long term goal.
- Traffic Programs-You need to join a few traffic programs. These programs need to have not only surfing capabilities, but also have text and banner promotions in one location. While most sites are free, you may want to become a paid memeber in the best of them. This is an ongoing part of your campaign. Can have short term goals, but generally are longer term.
- Your Signature-wherever and whenever you are anywhere on the net, your name should also include a signature. The signature should incude a one to two line tagline as well as a website link. This is a free promo tool and generally you do it once. You may want to adapt it for diffferent programs
- Blogs-Blogs are a huge committement on your part, but id you blog correctly, you will gain a lot. Not only can you promote your website, but you can make money as a blogger and gain respect. Being well known or an expertin your niche, has great advantages.This is an ongoing project.
- List BuildingThis is an absolute must for anyone serious about business. When you have people who are on your list, then you have a line of people who are ready to receieve your message. Your list building should be an ongoing projext and a priority in your business world
- Writing Articles- The internet was founded on the fact that information would be available. The promotion is not in writing the article, but in the signature on the bottom of it.If you submit to online article services, you reach will extend father than you ever thought possible. This is generally only a time commitement and shouold be ongoing
- Newletters- Again if you start a newsletter, and don't publish as you state, you will be committing business suicide,If you use this as part of your program, only commit to what you actually can do. There are many programs that help you get it done easily.
Start By Knowing Where You Stand
You need to start all promotion by knowing exactly where you stand with your website or blog
- Check Your Rank and Value
Email sent automatically if PageRank is updated. Estimates the value of your website. Checks if the PageRank is fake or valid. PageRank from multiple datacenters. Checks PageRank with and without "www". Displays number of backlinks, alexa r
Building Trust and Reputation
An ongoing process that can be converted into sales
Part of your promotion plans should include building trust and reputation. The big marketing gurus have built a solid reputation based on trust and truth. They stand by what they promote and they deliver what they promise.This concept should be an inportant part of your promotion platform. Don't take on more than you can do. If you can't deliver what you promise, then people will see through you right away! If you build your business and your reputation is on that is truthful and trustworthy, you can easily convert that into sales.
Power Promotion Tip
Set up a free listing for your business in search engine local directories. You can do this at Google.com/local/; Bing.com/local/; and listings.local.yahoo.com/ Be sure to include your website link and business description.
Marketing Tips and Secrets
- Honesty Is always the best policy ! It can't be said too often. People have gotten a lot smarter these days ans they will see right through your "hype". People have been burned too many times on offers that promise the moon, but deliver nothing. Red flags include the words...."amazing" , "shocking", "life changing", opportunity of a lifetime",ect. You will lose people almost immeadiately if you inflate what you are offering.
- Free Giveaways will always get attention, action and response You can build your mailing list quickly in a very short time, which will imporove your profit line. You don't even have to create the giveaway yourself, although doing a 10 page ebook sets you up as an authority in your field. You can use a private label rights (PLR book just as easily)
- Run a contest.Make the prize something desirable and related to your business -- it could be a free gift basket of your products, for instance, or free services.
- Learn to ask for referrals. Ask existing customers, prospects and casual acquaintances. When you get them, follow up on the leads.
- Put videos of your product or service on YouTube and other video-sharing and slide-sharing sites.
- Offer to be a speaker. Industry conferences, volunteer organizations, libraries, and local business groups often need speakers for meetings. You'll benefit from the name recognition, contacts and publicity.
Promotion Articles - Read All About It-Knowledge Is Power
Get all the information you need to promote your business and build your profit line
Power Promotion Tip
Set your business profile or page up on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter. Be sure your business profile includes a good description, keywords and a link to your website. Look for groups or conversations that talk about your type of products or services and participate in the conversations, but don't spam them with constant promos for what you sell.
Promotion Tools and Resources - The Tools You Need To Get The Job Done
- Instant Article Submitter
Put Your Article Marketing On Autopilot With Advanced New Software Taking advantage of the power of articles has never been quicker, easier, or more effortless. Just fill-in a few blanks to create your articles and with the click of a button dis
Every Door Direct Mail - USPS Free Kit
This promotion idea is good for both small and larger businesses, direct sellers, ebay sellers, direct sales consultants and those offering specific services. The idea is that you are targeting neighborhoods around your business. Postage is as low as 14.5 cents a piece.and you don't even need to know names or street addresses. You simply identify the neighborhoods you want to target, and your printed piece is delivered with the day's mail to every address.Many local printers offer Every Door Direct Mail. They can help you produce, print, and submit your mailing to the Postal Service™.
- Retail Fact Sheet For Every Door Direct Mail
Retail fact sheet for Every Door Direct Mail Program
- Discount Printing Service For Every Door Direct Program
Very reasonably priced post cards and and fliers that can be used with this program
- Get Your Free Every Door Direct Mail Kit
Free everydoor direct mail kit
Power Promotion Tip
If you use a car or truck in your business have your business name and contact information professionally painted on the side of the vehicle. That way your means of transportation becomes a vehicle for advertising your business. If you don't want the business name painted on the vehicle, consider using magnetic signs.
Your Promotion Program Library
Start building your business library with these great resources