The Best Work From Home Companies That Pay Good in 2018
If you can type accurately and fast, check out transcribing jobs. There are many sites that are hiring beginners to advanced transcribers. I have compiled a list of some of the most reputable ones that I know. Please note that some will have hourly pay and some will pay you per words written. If you plan on doing transcribing as a career, it is recommended you get a foot pedal.
- REV- Rev hires beginners and advanced transcribers. You will have to take a test.
- GMR Transcription- This company prefers people with a medical background. You need to know some medical terminology and drug prescription names. You'll be required to upload a sample before they consider you for employment.
- Up Work- If you are looking to pick up side gigs, this site lets users pick the jobs they want to take based on clients needs. It is a freelance platform.
- Transcribe Me- You will have to take a test to be accepted. You get paid via pay pal.
- Guru- You will be able to apply for jobs that clients post. This is mainly temporary work but I have seen transcribing jobs posted for 30 a audio hour. They also offer content writing jobs. marketing, and web design gigs.
- World Wide 101- Submit your application and they say they will reach out to you if you meet the requirements. Pay is 18-20 dollars an hour.
- Zirtual- Check their website to see if they are hiring. They occasionally have openings for virtual assistants.
- Belay- You will be a independent contractor. There are full and part time positions available.
- Vot- They post companies hiring on their site. I have seen pay go up to 60,000 a year for some openings. There is a variety of positions to choose from.
Website Reviwer/ Social Media Content Reviwer
Social Media has given people a lot of opportunities to make money from home. These sites are some of the sites I have done projects with. You can bring in a extra 1000 dollars a month on some projects they have to offer.
- Appen Global- By far, this is one of the most popular companies to work with. They offer you several different projects to work on. They pay via payoneer, check, or bank wire transfer. Their topic tagging projects can pay up to 10 an hour. Some projects require you to work at least 20 hours a week. The only downside is you have to wait to be invited to work on the projects. Also, Appen acquired Leapforce. You are a independent contractor.
- Lionbridge- This is very similar to Appen. They offer different jobs you can work on.
- Slice of The Pie- You get paid on average 5-20 cents per song or product review. They pay you to listen to music and write reviews on products. The more you review the more your pay goes up. You can make an extra 100 dollars a month. They have plenty of work. Check out the site below.
- Isoftstone- Pay is said to be around 11 to 12 an hour. They take 5 days to review your application. They also hire for linguists and data collection.
- Usertesting- They pay you to maneuver their clients website. You will need to download their software and take a test. If you fail, they may email you to take it a second time. You earn about 10-25 bucks for every 20-30 min. test. Pay is through PayPal.
- UserZoom- You will review websites. Pay is at least 5 dollars for every 20 min. test. The pay can be more, it depends on how long the review takes.
Slice of The Pie
- Sign up - Slice the pie
Get a signup bonus when you sign up sign up clicking this link. Get more cents per review.
Customer Service Agents
I've found plenty of companies who hire frequently and our in need for work at home agents. You may be required to make outbound calls or answer incoming calls. Some may require you to have a landline, others use VOIP. I tried to specify which companies use VOIP. Their our full time and part time opportunities. A couple companies hire you as an employee and give you benefits. Some companies may require you to purchase a headset.
- Convergys- You do not need a landline, however you must pay for a criminal background check. This company offers several shifts.
- Transcom- They hire you as a employee and they have full time shifts. You have several different options when applying. You can use DSL or a WIFI connection, but you need a landline. They pay hourly.
- Apple- Apple lets you work from home as a chat agent or over the phone. You are hired as a employee with benefits. Pay is about 11-15 an hour. They provide you with the software you will need. I do not think you need a landline. On their website, it will have different cities to apply for. It does not matter what city you apply to it is a remote job.
- Brightcore- It is a entry level job. You can apply for openings on their website.
- Sitel- Not all states are able to apply. You do not need a landline. They do a criminal background and credit check.
- Alorica- The pay is 10 an hour. You help customers with their order needs. You can apply on their website. They strongly prefer you have a landline. You need a dedicated phone line.
- Brighten Communications- Pay is up to 18 an hour. You do not need a landline.
- Enterprise Holdings- They pay at least 12 an hour. You can work several different shifts.
- Trim- They are looking for people who can work full time. You can inquire with them about the pay.
There are too many websites to name that offer incentives for writing articles. There is blogging, content writing, and many more. You can use freelancing platforms or make your own website. Some sites will hire you. I've put together some sites that our worth looking into to start your writing career.
- Online Writing Jobs- Submit a quality sample of your work and you can get paid up to 50 bucks per article.
- Article Writing Company- They hire quality writers. You can work part time or full time. I believe you are on a salary. Part time is at least 18,000 and full time is up to 45,000 a year.
- Hubpages- This site is for side money and is not a reliable source of income. You can start writing articles on this site to establish your writing skills. You get paid by monetizing your page. It can take a while to get approved for Google Ad sense.
- V5 Systems- They hire content writers. You need to show samples of your writings or blogs.
- Zift- You get paid 100 dollars per article to write parenting blogs, if accepted.
- People Per Hour- It is a freelancing site that allows clients to contract with you. They need content writers, document reviewers and bloggers. You are a independent contractor.
- Text Broker- This is how it works. You submit a writing sample, as well as a government id. They take up to two weeks to review your sample. You are than paid on a star scale. On average, the lowest star makes 7 to 9 dollars an article. If you pass their test, you are bumped up to 5 cents per word. They also have a direct client payment option. If you become a part of that clients team, you earn at least 1.25 per word. You also have the ability to set your rate higher than that. The lowest I have ever been paid a month ,on this site ,was 290 dollars. The highest was 725 dollars a month. I highly recommend trying it out if you are good at writing articles and are familiar with SEO's.
What do you prefer?
Would you rather work at a business office or a home office?
What You Need To Suceed Working From Home
No matter what profession you choose to work in, you need essentials for your at home office. I learned how important it was for me to invest in a new computer and equipment. When you are working for clients, it's important that your computer can handle the software needed.I highly recommend , if you are serious about working at home, to purchase a newer laptop. My HP laptop is the 15-BW070NR . It allows and assures me that I am able to complete my tasks correctly,professionally, and in a timely manner.
You need to make sure you get a computer with a good web cam. I use Skype to communicate with my clients. My laptop runs Skype smoothly, which is important . Depending on what profession you choose , there may be deadlines. Make sure your laptop is warrantied. You don't want to spend extra money if your computer breaks. You will also need a good quality headset. I had a cheap headset that allowed noise to come in through the microphone. My customers were able to hear my kids snoring on my old headset, I was working nights,. My point is, you have to have quality equipment. You can always try to go to a pawn shop to see if you can find a deal on electronics. All equipment purchased can be written off as a tax deduction at the end of the year. I wasn't prepared when I first started my online career, make sure you are. Invest in what you need to, before you get started. Find a online company that fits your skill set. Don't forget to make yourself a workstation . You'll need a comfortable space to work. Try looking online or local resale shops to find a chair and desk. You will need to make a designated area where you can keep and organize any important documents that you print. Good luck in your online career search.
© 2018 Jeanna