- Business and Employment»
- Small Businesses & Entrepreneurs
Resources For Ebook Authors
How to Write And Sell Ebooks
EBooks are becoming so popular and sales are booming of these throughout the internet. All you need is some passion for a subject and some time and you can write your ebook.Our goal is to take you from idea to delivery in the easiest way possible. We'll show you how to maximize your profit line as well as minimizing your costs.
2011 has come and the market is booming ! More than ever, this is the time for you to get started and profit from the ebook market. Sales of paperbacks and hard coverbooks have gone down. But sales for ebooks have soared. Traditional publishers are looking to see how they can gain a share of the profits.
For authors, it's easier to write an ebook than going through a publisher. It also takes less time than a published book. Best of all the profit margin on a book can be 60-70 % Isn't it time for you to take that idea that you have had and get started on your ebook?
With Kindles and Nooks becoming so popular ebooks will become more available-the market is wide open and opportunity knocks. The only question is will you answer the door
What Shall I Write
Thoughts on getting started
The world is full of people who are looking for ideas and information. And the internet has opened up a world of opportunity for anyone who would like to write or has expertise in almost anything and everthing that you can imagine. Look at the lists of topics at Squidoo and yet, that is just the tip of the iceberg. Even for those who think they have no special telents writing, there is still profit to be made. Get started by first thinking about ideas, or topics that you have interest in or have some experience in.You may have to so a little reasearch and that is ok, cause all the information you need is right at your fingertips
People also take advantage of ebooks in marketing products, ideas and services.Sometimes offered free, other times at a nominal cost, becoming an ebook author makes you reputable and gives creidt to you when you are promoting your business
Affiliate Programs and E Books
Make a Higher Profit Line
No matter if your goal is to make money or give away your ebook, there is another method of making money alog with your information. That is to use affiliate programs that relate to your topic. These can be links built into your content. They can answer a problem, be a tool that assist your readers, further explains a topic or answers a question. Carefully woven into your information, you can expect good results if you apply this principle carefully.
Before You Begin Your E Book - Some things To Consider
Like any other project, there are a few things to consider when building your ebook.Here are a few ideas to ponder while you are getting ready.You can write your ebook in microsoft word and convert it top pdf later.
- What is your title and will it have a subtitle?
- Will you be the only author or will you have co authors? Will the book be glost written?
- Will you publish a version in hard copy or print?
- How many chapters and pages will it contain?
- Will it contain graphics, pictures and charts?
- What format will it be in? text,pdf, exe, html, ect?
- Will it be sold as a product, a promotional tool, or given away free?
- Who is your target audience?
- What benefits does this ebook give that audience?
- Will you offer your buyers a guarantee and testimonials to read?
Where To Sell E Books - Creative Selling Means More Profit
Selling ebooks is not as difficult as you think. There are plenty of ways to find your niche market. Here are a few.
- From Your own site-this is the most natural place to market them. But in order to sell them, you will need to have excellent sales copy and all your ducks ined up in a row.
- Others Selling For You- An affiliate program is an excellent way to sell your e-book.Standard commissions can run about 40% or more and you will have to have a shopping cart. You will get more exposure than you possibly could on your own.
- Tiered Programs- If you are selling for others and they have a toered program, than certainly recruit others to do the same. You will increase your profit line quickly
- Through Publisher Resources- there are great publisher resources out there (check out our list)You can promote and sell your e-books or you can promote and sell those of others. Great way to add to your profit line either way
- Through EBay- You might not make as much other selling methods, but the exposure to your other products and sites, may well make this worth the effort.
- Social Networks- Why not advertise your product on a social network.Your advertising copy for this would and should read more like a recommendation or review.Be careful about the rules on the network however. Lots of groups permit ads and marketing on specified days, so play fair
- Market them at squidoo! <?B>Why wouldn't you? Write information on your topic and include links to your product!
Promote Your Ebook and Projects Free - Free Tips and Ideas To Promote Your Products
Hey authors and e-book promoters and affiliates ! The best ways to promote your projects s through the social media phenomena. There are so many free ways to promote your projects and best of all, all they require is a little sweat equity and some time. Here are some of our best tips to get the word out on your books and articles,
But there is more than just social bookmarking to get yourself known and build your income faster and easier. Check out these ideas !
Squidoo-Step One In Your Social Marketing Campaign
Post some information about your niche and link to youir project. Post information about you. Post Your project ! It's all good ~Then using the bookmarks on the side of your lens and the suggestions at publishing...you develop accounts at each. As you use your squidoo account, your information, additions and ideas will be published at each of these areas. Your information reahes father than you could reach on your own ! Just Click on the link of this lens to start building your squidoo lens !
Give Away Your E Books
Making Money Offering A Free EBook
Have you ever thought about offering your work as a freebie ? You actually can make money giving away your ebook. I see it all the time amoung the most popular money making authors.What do they know that we do not?
You can offer your work with links to either your own products or services or those you affiliate to. For example if I am an affiliate to an autoresponder program, I might embed my link and do a review about selling on the internet. I may also put some other ads within my copy. I may also add a affiliate program to my work. I will also add offers within the work to get people to sign up as my subscribers.
So 20 people recieve my work as a freebie and sign up as an afiiliate. They are making a little change and promoting my work. The outreach potential for this is enormous. More than I could ever do on my own. I will get sales and add a huge amount of people to my lists in a ripple effect from this one work. My work is also going to get a higher listing in the search engines because of then hits it received. The impact will be huge. I challenge you to give it a try.
Public Domain And Copywright
Important Copyright Information You Need To Know
Public Domain Work is a creative work that is not protected by copyright and may be used freely by everyone. The reasons that the work is not protected is because
1. The term of the copywright for the work has expired.
2. The author failed to satisfy statutory formalities to protecte the copywright
3. The work is a work of the U.S., Government
You can actually take these books, software, music ect, and change the format, add pr delete parts of them, and put your name to them. Yes, that also includes copywright work if you have made enough changes. Even if you have a work that has lost it's copywright because od length of time, you can freshin it up and recopywright the new version.
Public Domain is a huge source of opportunity to create ebooks without a lot of time and effort.
Private Label Items on the other hand are prodcuts that you can purchase. You then have the right to edit and chanhe the information. You can then add your own name to the work. You can also purchase a group of articles and put them together into a book. This can all be done in very little time and with hardly any effort.
Publishing On Kindle - Getting Your EBook In The Kindle Market
Naturally you will want to publish your ebook on more than on media for the most profits. Publishing on Kindle opend uyour market to more readers and gets your information out to a broader market. Here are the resources you need to get the job done, get it to a broader market faster.
- Amazon Guide to Publishing On Kindle
Ready a resource that every author should make themselve sfamiliar with if they want to get out to this market. There are great free tools for publishing on kindle at this location
What Every Writer Needs !
Purchase your self a little notebook or journal that you can carry with you at all times ! Some of my best ideas have come in the strangest places ! I will think of something that I want to get started on or a solid idea for a project that I am working on, only to forget it later !
Great Stuff on Amazon
Free Kindle Books On Writing ,Editing And Publishing EBooks
- Secrets to Ebook Publishing Success (Smashwords Guides 3) - Kindle edition by Mark Coker. Reference
Secrets to Ebook Publishing Success (Smashwords Guides 3) - Kindle edition by Mark Coker. Download it once and read it on your Kindle device, PC, phones or tablets. Use features like bookmarks, note taking and highlighting while reading Secrets to Eb