- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Making Money on HubPages
30 Day/ 30 HubPages Challenge to Pay for My Son's Braces
Will I Succeed in This Personal Challenge?
After reading about how many hubbers have found success on HubPages, I decided to challenge myself to a 30 Day/30 Hub Challenge. Here is the reason why I decided to do this. Last week I got the bad news that my insurance is not going to pay for my son's braces. The orthodontist said his jaw was too small to accommodate his teeth. He has to have some teeth removed in the back and then he needs to have braces put in to align them. The insurance company said it didn't agree with the orthodontist's findings. They feel it's not necessary. Shortly after I received a letter from the orthodontist for a payment plan. It will cost me $175.00 a month for 25 months.
The story gets better. Last week, I was served papers to go back to court. My ex-husband feels that he is paying too much child support for our 4 children. I'm not going to give you the exact amount. Let's just say, my family and friends can't believe he had the gall. I hope that I get a judge that has some common sense. Anyway, the child support wouldn't cover it anyway. It barely covers their needs. Our kids are 17, 16, 14 and 11. (I have custody of my niece 18 year old and I have an 8 year old autistic son). By the way, my 11 year old daughter also needs the same treatment. I'm hoping the insurance covers her braces because her teeth are really, really crowded. Long story, short. I had to find a way to come up with the money.
Will I be able to publish enough HubPages to earn the first payment? I don't know, but I'm going to try. Today alone, I've published 3 HubPages. (I also got the kids off to school, swept, mopped, did a load of laundry, cooked dinner, threw out the garbage, fed the zoo, put gas in the car, and did the dishes.) I think I can complete the 30 lenses in less than 30 days. However, that doesn't mean I will earn $175.00 in a month. I have the advantage of knowing about seo, social media marketing and social bookmarking. The problem is that the topics I can write hubs about without having to spend precious time researching may not be high paying keywords.
Here's the plan I created to earn $175.00 this month with the 30 day/30 hub challenge:
- I'm going to attempt to write at least one hub for every topic. I will be using my kids to help me in certain areas. For example, my 16 year old daughter is a vegan and knows everything there is to know about the lifestyle. My sons are GOW Gamers and they can share their tips and tricks.
- Unlike other hubbers, I will be using social bookmarking sites and social media to get traffic to my HubPages. Leaving the hubs out there "to be found" doesn't make too much sense to me. It's urgent that I kickstart the earnings.
- I'm going to write about all the things I've learned about making money online since I started in 2005. I now own 80 sites that include blogs, websites, gaming sites and more. I'm hoping that some of you reading will ask me questions so that I can create hubs to answer them. I can answer questions on seo, sem, traffic exchanges, ptc, online income and more. I also know about early intervention. I was a service coordinator and my son is autistic (special needs child).
- I'm going to add my HubPages' rss feeds to rss feed directories. I'm interested in finding out if this generates enough traffic to make a difference. I use this technique with my Squidoo lenses (I have 29, will be 50 before 12/31) and it helps. I had a few hit #1 on Google's SERPs for it's primary keyword with this method.
I hope that you will cheer me on. I really need to suceed in this challenge. Thanks for reading my hub. I hope you come back to read some more!
Although I started my first Hub in 2006, I never published it. My first hub was published on 11/30/09. I hadn't seen the value of HubPages or the earning potential. In the meantime, I was creating blogs, text ad exchanges, Squidoo lenses and websites. Funny how I ended up here again after 3 1/2 years! On the other hand, I have much more knowledge to share!