Celebrating Three Years of Journey in Hubpages
Celebrating My Three Years of Journey in Hubpages.
My Journey Into Writing
My journey into writing started in my teenyears during my highschool days. I started writing then poetry and essays. When I became a Christian in 1984, I started writing insights from my meditation of the Word of God during my devotional time. During the Intensive Training Youth Camp of our church Grace Bible Church in 1985, I attended a writing workshop facilitated by the late Evelyn Miranda Feliciano, an OMF writer. I was encouraged by the writing ministry of Mrs. Evelyn Miranda Feliciano. After that youth camp, my desire to pursue writing ministry to glorify God was born. During the years that follow I write faithfully during my quiet time with the Lord. I emailed some of these insights to my Christian friends in the church and certain Christian yahoogroups I joined , as a start of my ministry in writing.
A Vision in a Dream
Several months before I joined Hubpages, I received a vision in my dream which is related to writing and publishing ministry. This vision appears in my dream, “beautiful, colorful and shiny mini books which I have written.” I have grasped immediately the meaning of the vision that God is leading me to a writing and publishing ministry. I wonder then how could I start to publish books when I have no much financial resources needed in publishing.
Then one day,I was surfing the internet trying to look for some online jobs as an additional source of income, I happened to land on Hubpages by clicking one of the links.
The day was September 15, 2007. I said to myself, Hubpages will be the avenue for my writing ministry.
Journey In Hubpages
My writing ministry took its debut in Hubpages. Hubpages is a real blessing for me.
With the help of Hubpages I was able to launch my writing ministry in the internet without paying any single cent. The vision in my dream regarding publishing was materialized here at Hubpages.
Hubpages for me is more of a writing ministry than a source of additional income. For me Hubpages is about reaching out and ministering to people. It is about bringing exhortation and inspiration to people and touching people’s lives. And on top of everything it is giving God the glory. I write primarily to glorify God. I write Christian articles in order that God will be glorified in the hearts of my readers.
Success in Hubpages
After three years by God’s grace, I was able to achieve the following milestones :
- I was able to publish 220 articles covering varied topics including Christianity, faith and God, JesusChrist, Christian testimonies, selected lessons in Mathematics, solutions to some mathematical problems, health articles and many others.
- My total page views have reached over 170,000 views. Today my Hubpages have an average views of 400-500 views a day.
- I was able to gain more than 500 followers. Some of them have become great source of encouragement to me.
- My Hubscore has reached above 90.
- Regarding financial gain, I have already received three payouts from Google Adsense. I waited for eighteen months before I received my first payout. I waited for another nine months before I received my second payout and I waited for six months before I reached my third payout. It only shows that your effort and hardwork are being rewarded at Hubpages slowly but surely. All you have to do is keep on publishing meaningful contents.
I really thank Hubpages and its management for all these accomplishment. Hubpages is indeed a great blessing for providing an efficient facility and platform for internet publishers.
Even though I don’t earn great income from my hubs in Hubpages, I am well satisfied by the fact that I was able to reach out and touch people’s lives. I am looking forward for a great day in heaven where it will be finally revealed the extent of the impact of my writing ministry.. I am looking forward in heaven to see the souls that were saved through my writing ministry. I am looking forward to see how much the talent the Lord gave me was multiplied through my writing ministry. I give back all the glory to God.