- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Getting Traffic for Your Articles
Fifty ways to bring traffic to your website and blog
Want more traffic to your site ?
First of all I would thank you for visiting this hub.This hub is all about fifty different techniques that would help you bring more traffic to your site and blog.
I have been doing a research on this topic and this hub has all the tricks that I have gathered during my 2 years of research.Here you would find some exciting and result giving startegies.
Fifty tricks to bring traffic :
- High quality unique content : Try to have good quality unique content.This is the main factor that would help you get more traffic. This means dont copy other site's content .Your content can be a picture , video or a small writing which is informative.But it should be unique.
- Update content regularly : try to bring more content to your site on a daily basis. If you update your site regularly , people would come to find what data is added recently.This step would bring repeated hits.
- Good domain name : Take a good domain name for your site.Make the name catchy.If possible the name should match with the site's content.For eg : If you are writing about games for all people choose a domain name like "http://www.getanswers.co.in/"
- Alt tags in images : Dont forget to give alt tags in images .It can give you good search engine ranking.Alt tags are desciptive tags which appear above images when we place mouse over them. Also give relevant file name to images.
- Organised keyword research : Do some keyword research.Keywords are the words and phrases which people typr into search engine boxes for searching.If your site is based on those words you will naturally get more hits.To find out how much searches happen for a word go to http://www.google.com/trends and type in a keyword and you will get the results.
- Well chosen page titles : Choose a meaningful title for all the pages in tour site.That will give you more preference in search engines like google.
- Proper SEO : SEO stands for search engine optimisation.It means making some adjustments to get your site listed in top positions in search engines.
- Submit to directories : Submit your site address to relevant directories. That can bring a good amount of traffic.Now if you ask me where to submit here are two good directories : www.dmoz.org and www.dir.yahoo.com
- Article submisison : There are lot of websites where you can submit articles for free.These sites have lot of traffic. So there is good possibility that your article will get noticed.This is one such website : www.ezinearticles.com
- Writing articles in newspapers : Write good articles in newspapers.Your articles can reach large number of people.At the bottom of article leave a link to your website.
- Comments in blogs : Remember to leave meaningful comments in blogs.Blog visitors who read the blogs can follow the link you gave.
- Links in online profiles : Add a link to your website in all your profile pages.eg : You can add link to your site in your profile page in hubpages.
- Inviting other people to contribute content :Its a good idea to invite other people to contribute content to your site.This has two benefits. You will get more content.And also these people can help you promote your site.You can ask their help in getting traffic.
- Publish mini course :You can have a mini course in your site.Split the course into many modules and send the link to these pages to people who registered for this at regular intervels. This can help you get repeated hits.
- Participation in forums : Become a member in forums that is related to your site's content.You can publish a post about your site there.
- Signature links in forums : Make sure taht you add the address of your site as signature in forums you have joined.Participate lively in forums you are member of.The more you post topics the more your links appear.
- Remove broken links : Find out if there are any broken links and remove them.The presence of broken links can drive users away from your site.
- Use reliable hosting : Using a reliable hosting is very important. Your website should be up and running most of the time.It should be fast too. No one likes slow websites.
- Using a forum in your site : Using a forum in your site can add interaction with users.It gives opportunity to user for expressing his ideas.
- Offline advertising : Offline advertising such as business cards gaving your website address is a good way to bring hits.
- Yahoo answers : Answer questions related to your site's content and put url of your site in the source textbox.This can get you a couple of hits.
- Refer a friend script : Use refer a friend script. This help users to refer your site to his friends very easily.
- Youtube : You tube is a good way to advertise your site.If its used properly you can get huge hits.You can find a video on how to use youtube to get hits at the end of this hub. MAke sure that you dont miss it.
- Using About Us page :Using an about us page is a good idea.You should have an about us page which explains about you , your motive behind this website etc.This will increase creditability among your wesbite audience.
- Social networking: Many people have been using social networking to get traffic to their site.I got huge number of hits to my website from orkut when it was launched initially.(even before it was listed in google).You can create a profile at orkut at www.orkut.com
- Social bookmarking:Social bookmarking will expose your site to large number of audience.Stumble upon and digg are two good social bookmarking sites.You can create accounts at their site for free and submit your sites there.
- Email signature: This is also a good idea.You can add a link to your site in your email signature.So every time you send an email your site address is also send.
- Free ebooks: Create a free ebookon some topics related to your site.Place links to your site in the ebook.Distribute the ebook for free.If your ebook is too informativethe readers will visit your site following the links in your ebook.
- Holding contests: Hold some contests in your site.Reward users who are active in the site.Give some gifts.Give them valuable gifts.
- Submitting to search engines:Dont forget to submit your website address to search engines for free.Search engines are good source of traffic.
- Creating free softwares: If you are passionate about creating software you can create some software and distribute for free.You can place links to your site in software.So taht when users click on it , they can see your site.
- Link exchanges: Exchange links with websites that have content similar to yours.
- Profile in amazon: Create a profile in amazon.In your profile give your web address.
These things can also bring traffic :
- Profile in ebay
- Using feedburner
- Adding rss feed to your profile page
- Organised internal linking
- Using add to favorites
- Using favicon
- Links to your other websites
- Reducing load time
- Minimising graphics
- Making your browser display alike in all browsers
- Adding a translation button
- Using sitemaps
- Using robots.txt
- Emailing friends
- Dont use popups
- Writing informative hubs
- Adding sitemeter to study the nature of visits