- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Making Money on HubPages
Five crucial tips for making an incredibly delicious Caesar salad
Dressing is one of the most important elements of any nourishing salad. There are a number of tips that will help you to make a perfect sauce: Add some fresh or dried greens to the sauce Stir the sauce thoroughly before dressing the salad Don’t keep the dressing in the fridge for more than 2 days.
- 2 eggs
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 small cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 3 oz (100 ml) olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons vinegar (to taste)
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- spices and herbs
Instructions: Use a needle to pierce the shell of eggs and put them in boiling water for a minute. After that, crack the eggs into a bowl. Add the mustard, lemon juice, and crushed garlic and stir the mix well. Pour a thin stream of olive oil, add herbs to taste, and stir until smooth. Season it with salt and pepper.
№ 2. Sour cream dressing
- 1 cup of sour cream of average fat content
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon mustard
Instructions: Add garlic and mustard to the sour cream and mix all thoroughly in a blender or mixer.
№ 3. Mayonnaise dressing
- 5 oz (150 g) olive mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2-3 anchovies
Instructions: Crush the garlic and chop the anchovies. Add all of the ingredients to the mayonnaise and stir until smooth.
Traditionally, romaine is the most common green for a Caesar, but lettuce and iceberg will do as well. It’s important to rinse the lettuce under running water and pat dry with a clean towel, so as to avoid the puddles of water that may pool at the bottom of your plate.
Croutons are usually made from the white bread. In no case should you use old bread or store-bought crackers: they thoroughly spoil the taste of the salad.
There are two ways to make croutons:
- bake them in the oven until they are covered with a thin golden crust outside and remain soft inside, or
- fry them in olive oil in a frying pan. Before adding them to the salad, dry them, so as to remove excess oil.
Hard grated cheeses
Parmesan cheese is the most important ingredient of the Ceasar salad. You can also use other types of hard grating cheeses.
There are so many Caesar salad recipes —with chicken, shrimp, salmon, anchovies and so on. Today, we will help you cook the classic chicken salad.
Chicken Caesar salad
- 7 oz (200 g) chicken breast
- 5 oz (160 g) romaine lettuce
- 7 oz (200 g) croutons
- 4 tablespoons salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- a little dry white wine
- 3 oz (100 g) cherry tomatoes and olives
- salt and ground black pepper
- Rinse lettuce well under running water, dry it with paper towel and put in the fridge before serving.
- Wash chicken breast, cut it into small cubes or slices. Season it with salt and pepper (or roll in a special seasoning for chicken) and fry in olive oil until golden brown. After that, put the chicken on a plate and let it cool.
- Cut the uncrusted white bread into half-inch (1 cm) cubes. Then put them in olive oil and bake in the oven at 200 ° C for 10 minutes, turning them 2-3 times.
- Prepare the dressing: classical, with sour cream or mayonnaise.
- Cut the lettuce into small pieces and put in a salad bowl. Put the chicken on it, season it with the dressing sauce and leave to soak. Add the croutons.
- Grate the cheese on a coarse grater and add it to the salad.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- Garnish the salad with tomatoes and olives.