- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Making Money on HubPages
Quality Hubs Improve Traffic
My History on Hubpages
When I started writng on Hubpages my main focus was writing articles of quality. Yes, I am a bit of a perfectionist. I did the research and wrote a lot about medical problems, since I have many years of nursing experience and management education. I also wrote about topics I was interested in such as social issues, stained glass and genealogy. The only problem I didn't have was thinking of something to write about.
I read many other peoples hubs as well, since I could certainly see there are many people who write quality material. I quickly started included videos, pictures and Amazon items, and now I receive some income from Amazon. I also signed up for Google Adsense and watched the pennies accrue, although now that has changed since we get paid through Hubpages.
Posting on Other Sites
After some months, I started posting my articles on various sites around the internet based on what other people discussed and of course, Twitter, Google, PinInterest and Facebook are easily used when you first publish.
- I have found Facebook always gives me visitors
- Posting on Google is always helpful
- Twitter didn't seem to help as much at first but has improved.
- One I have found most helpful is Stumble Upon and anything I have posted there has at least given me a couple of visitors.
- The next helpful site I found was Reddit.com. I sometimes get numerous people from this site and sometimes none. This site like the last two are very quick to type in your link and I have a method for doing that which has simplified the process, but first I will tell you about three more sites.
- I have written about my hubs on blogger, but while I do get a few visitors, I have not really put in the effort to establish myself very well on that site at this time.
- I post on RedGage also, and typically get some visitors.
- There are many other sources available to get traffic to your website, and I haven't tried all of them.
Freedom - It Feels Good to Write a Quality Hub
Hard at Work
How I Utilize my Time Effectively
I write all my hubs in Word. I never start writing a Hub in Hubpages, as I seem to be able to spot errors in Word more easily, and I often change paragraphs around while doing research. After I acquire mykeywords and decide how I want to write the topic, I make a short outline.
Utilizing keywords is absolutely essential in attracting viewer from Google. A good keyword should be in the title and preferably in the first sentence. It can also be mentioned again in the last paragraph. High dollar keywords attract viewers through Google searches and that is by far the biggest percentage of the people that will visit your Hub. Stuffing your hub with keywords will do more harm than good.
When I find my videos and pictures and have everything I might need, I copy and paste on Hubpages from my Word document. The most important this of all is to write a quality article that is free from spelling and grammatical errors. Everyone makes a mistake now and then, but strive for perfection. Reading your hub out loud before posting it will often reveal some little error you had not noticed before. Quality, interesting, well-documented content wins the prize.
As You Finish Writing
So, as soon as I publish my hub, I immediately put it on Twitter, Google, Pininterest and Facebook. After that I will choose where I want to post my link description, and it takes little time as they are already written. This may seem like a long process to some, but I found it a lot faster than going to each site and figuring out what they require and then writing the descriptions.
This has increased my traffic quite a bit, although I am not where I want it to be yet. I think writing hubs of good quality is the most important component in keeping your hub score up and in attracting traffic. I strive to do this. If people know you write good hubs, with articulate information, they are more likely to return to your hubs. The bottom line is that my traffic has improved