Write Better Hubs to Get More Views
Getting more views on your Hubs is really simple. Anyone can do it! That's what is so great about being a Hubber.
Here are my personal experiences with attracting a larger audience and more views on my Hubs.
1. Write about what you know. This is solid advice for any writer. Don't try to write articles about something you're not familiar with or passionate about. You can't fake being an expert computer programmer or experienced chef. While you may get a jump in views at the start, people will realize that you're not a professional and will move on to better Hubbers. Writing about what you know and love makes it easy to Hub! Maybe you have a quirky hobby like collecting salt & pepper shakers, or train-spotting. Write about that! Your Hubs will reflect your enthusiasm and knowledge about the subject and that will draw in more viewers.
2. Answer some Hub questions. I have had great success with this. go to the Answers section of HubPages and click on "Unanswered". Browse through the list and see if a question strikes your fancy. You can answer the question directly to the asker, or choose Create a Hub About This and make a new Hub. One of my most popular Hubs, What to Do with a Howling Cat, arose from just this technique.
3. Write something seasonal. I wrote a simple article called, Ways to Decorate Your Xmas Tree. Every holiday season, that Hub jumps to the top of my view list. It is a consistent winner for me and it took a very short time to write, and was super fun to do! You can pick any holiday or seasonal event, like Hallowe'en, Easter, Fourth of July, Canada Day, Earth Day, or even general Birthday or Anniversary ideas.
4. Link to your own Hubs. You'll notice that I've used this technique in this very Hub! (Clever, aren't I?) When you write one Hub, link to any other relevant Hubs that you've written previously. People may enjoy your writing, or have similar interests to you, and will want to read more by you. Don't sell yourself short and think that what you say isn't interesting to others. Maybe you're more entertaining than you think!
5. Write longer, better, high quality Hubs. HubPages encourages this every time you start a Hub. Fill your Hub with good content, solid facts, great eye-catching photos, and relevant information. Do a little research, grab some Wikipedia links, search for copywrite-free photos or take your own, think outside the box to increase the depth and breadth of your Hubs.
6. Use the HubPages Forums. Log in to your account and go to the forums for advice and knowledge from the HugPages community. Stickied to the top of the forum are the Weekly Topic Inspiration and HugNuggets program links. Writing for these two programs (and remembering to link to your Hubs!) will drive extra views to your page and increase your rating. Also check out the left hand side for the 30 in 30 Challenge. Join up and talk to other Hubbers who are pushing themselves to be better writers! Nothing like a bit of competition to get your creative juices flowing.
Feel free to add your comments to this page if you have any other awesome ideas for driving views to your Hubs. Good luck and happy Hubbing!